T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this industry. I have already posted a thread on dark transfers...

I am using Forever Classic + Universal papers for light garment printing. For printing text on T shirts, If I leave the word (text) as it is without cutting and heat press them, it leaves a dirt/light yellowish shade around the text on the T shirt. Same goes for complex designs.. For simple designs, I cut the boundaries before pressing so it is not a problem.

Could anyone suggest me how to avoid this iissue?
Cheers

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey Spicy,

Can you provide what equipment you are using and the settings?
Also, if you could take some digital photos of the finished image, that would be helpful.
Most transfer papers work the same way, but it is all about getting the Temp, Time and Pressure correct...once you dial that in, you should expect great results.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
426 Posts
There is one popular brand of light transfer inkjet paper that might interest you. On very light fabrics like white, natural and pink this paper leaves no visible polymer window. It is called Jetpro Softstretch. Type the product name in the forum search and you will see a whole bunch of threads on it. Like Mike says, with any transfer paper, temp, pressure and time are all critical elements.

If you have access to Color Laser printing, Duracotton and Image Clip work very well. Image Clip is a truly weedless 2 step process and Duracotton is the laser equivalent to JPSS (in my opinion anyways)

When I started making heat transfers I tried about 10 different papers and in the end only the three I mention above made the cut for light garments for me.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts