T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon (well its 12:00 am here in the Uk)!

One area I'm finding daunting is making decisions on the amount of stock to produce. We hope to go live by November. My aim is to grow organicaly mainly due to budget issues so maximising effeciencey is key i.e. not getting stuck with TOO much surplus stock.

Anyone thats been through setting up a business got any advice???:D

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I keep very little in stock as I get one day delivery on any item I sell. So if you can find a supplier like that then you have a great advantage. However if you one of those people that want to print your designs on the tees because you THINK your going to sell them then that is a disadvantage. Inventory is money.. I was a trainer for a major ice cream franchiser here in USa and I would get the people who bought their stores and I was the guy that tought them how to operate them. The first day I would have the 10 new owners walk about and look in the cases and then they would have to tell me what they saw.. It was amazing that these people that just forked over 100,000 buck all saw the same thing.. Ice Cream... Then I had to tell them it is not ice cream it is money... inventory!!! your inventory yeah it was Baskin and Robin.. whoops there I go again using my last name.. no it was Baskin and Robbins.. Lou Robin (I wish it were Robbins)

·
Registered
9,252 Posts
DJSAV said:
Good afternoon (well its 12:00 am here in the Uk)!

One area I'm finding daunting is making decisions on the amount of stock to produce. We hope to go live by November. My aim is to grow organicaly mainly due to budget issues so maximising effeciencey is key i.e. not getting stuck with TOO much surplus stock.

Anyone thats been through setting up a business got any advice???:D
Too much inventory is evil and should be avoided if at all possible. This goes for new businesses as well as established ones. Cash is liquid, inventory is not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts