T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all... still quite new here, but already establishing a pattern of newbie question after newbie question ;)

I keep thinking that a t-shirt line based around silly/offensive/weird/surreal sayings will sell on the internet. There are more than a few sites that have done well in this regard. But a friend suggested something to me the other day... about attempting to sell those shirts to stores as well. It never occured to me.. i figured the internet customer population would be self sufficiant!

....i've been down the NJ shore, walked along the boardwalk and see the stores full of rude/offensive/silly t-shirts... these are the only stores i could ever think of wanting a such a line of tee's.

here's the question... are most of you guys (and gals) that consider your website the #1 mode of selling also try to sell your shirts in stores as well? (you don't need to tell where... i'm just trying to see if most of you consider just the internet as enough to make a profit off of)

Foix

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I sell mostly, I would say 95%, of my shirts to stores and to events. My web sites are there to view and I have sold a few poker shirts off one and a few of my design shirts off another. But I am an old time retailer so if I can get them out into the stores they do my work and I wait for replacement order.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I think anyone should try both routes...traditional retail and online. If you stick to only one you're going to cut yourself out sales.

The problem with websites is people have to find it, and that in itself is an ordeal.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Getting your shirt into a store is harder than it looks. I believe you have to get a barcode for each size and color by registering with the Uniform Code Council ( they have a membership fee, i believe)- and stores don't pay you right away- most usually take 30 days and more. There are a lot of threads on this in this forum regarding this. Real informative stuff! Try doing a search on it. :)
Dee

1 - 4 of 4 Posts