T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We’re doubling the amount of colors that we carry for each of our embroidered designs. The amount of space available has not changed so; we’re going to have to combine either the sizes or the colors.

I’m thinking that if we combined the sizes and keep a separate stack for each color, the overall display would be more aesthetically pleasing. However, if we combine the colors and keep separate stacks for each size, there would be less thumbing through which means less soiled shirts.

Which way would you go with this?

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
If the designs are displayed somewhere above the stacks, then I would say stack by size. That way someone can just look for their size.

If the designs aren't displayed anywhere else, then maybe by color.

Although thinking about it, I think in other retail stores they are by size...which makes sense because it doesn't matter what the design looks like if it's not in your size :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would say stack by colour, but each stack should be sized from smallest at the top to largest at the bottom. That way people can see the design they want and their shirt size isn't just randomly in the pile. Not to mention it will be more organized and pleasing to the eye.

If you use a folding board to fold all the shirts, it cuts down on time and all the shirts will be the same size when folded, making everything nice and neat! :) I've worked a lot of retail and this seems to be the common way to merchandise.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We're gonna try it by size first.

If the combined colors don't look good, we will have to change it to color stacks and maybe use the size dots - like I need to add another penny to my cost :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.