T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to have some hand drawn designs printed on t-shirts and was wondering what method of printing captures the most detail.
One design in particular is one light color printed on a black t-shirt and has a lot of fine lines and cross hatching.
Just wondering whether I should pursue discharge printing for this type of design or if I would have better results with standard screen printing.

From what I've read the soft hand of the discharge printing sounds nice but capturing detail is the priority in this case. I just don't want to order a dozen or two only to find out the other technique would have been better!
Thanks!

· Registered
82 Posts
The decision will depend on how bright you need the "light" color to be on the black shirt and how "fine" your lines are. Even with halftones, I discharge Matsui white on black American Apparel 2001 very successfully, when i need a bright image on a dark tee, w/ a 230 mesh no problem. I've never tried to push discharge through a higher mesh. As you are aware, the brand of tee will affect the brightness of the discharge print. If the resulting discharge resolution is not satisfactory, you can always screenprint w/ a higher mesh and with more squeegee passes, you should achieve a brighter print regardless of shirt brand. The more squeegee passes though, could result in a loss of your "fine" lines of resolution... Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.