T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
R-Jet i3 food printer

Has anybody thought about printing on Jelly for restaurants and promotions.

At this years super bowl some of the snacks were jelly squares.
Imagine the promotional idea of having a company logo on top of the squares.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Those images must be photoshopped as there is no white ink as far as I'm aware in the food printer

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those images must be photoshopped as there is no white ink as far as I'm aware in the food printer
YES, the image is there to express, visually, the idea of printing on jelly.

Think of the marketing impact of a promotion event that has the sponsor’s logo printed on the marshmallows and jelly nibbles.

·
Registered
648 Posts
YES, the image is there to express, visually, the idea of printing on jelly.

Think of the marketing impact of a promotion event that has the sponsor’s logo printed on the marshmallows and jelly nibbles.
Nevermind that, think of my impending obesity and diabetes from eating the leftovers

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nevermind that, think of my impending obesity and diabetes from eating the leftovers
... you are worried about leftovers. I'm more worried about taste testing different designs.

The positive is that when your working hard to get a rush order done a bit of product testing would be great.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I asked Colin from Resolute about it this week, I have an idea which could utilize this printer but it's more down to getting the right substrates to print on, hopefully should hear back from some people this week.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I asked Colin from Resolute about it this week, I have an idea which could utilize this printer but it's more down to getting the right substrates to print on, hopefully should hear back from some people this week.
Well in saying that I would have say

'Great minds think alike'

I think that Colin has instigated some game changing idea's for our industry.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I wonder if some sort of white surface - edible paper, sugar or white icing could be applied and then printed :)

Sounds good to me.
Do you mean in the same way as printing decorations for cakes.

IN THAT WAY you could have the combination of printing directly on the food or first printing on the white surface and then placing the white surface on the food.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Well gents,

The idea is to print directly onto the food substrate and not stick anything onto it after printing, which is the old fashioned sugar paper route kicked out by most major retailer's last year.

Direct is the only way food printing is going and quickly :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Directly onto the jelly?

Dept would have a field day with that :)

Those example pics look photoshopped. I cant image the edibles would be sent to a print shop. Wouldnt it be something similar to the prints on cakes but a thinner possibly transparent paper layer that would liquify then set onto op the jelly

·
Registered
837 Posts
Directly onto the jelly?

Dept would have a field day with that :)

Those example pics look photoshopped. I cant image the edibles would be sent to a print shop. Wouldnt it be something similar to the prints on cakes but a thinner possibly transparent paper layer that would liquify then set onto op the jelly
No direct onto wet jelly is fine, this is popular onto cakes and gives a great glossy look. I didn't post the other pictures but here is an example of what I mean showing wet jelly on the cake.

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'm just waiting for a sample piece of confectionery to come through and then I'll send up to you Colin if that's ok to see what it prints like :)

·
Registered
648 Posts
I was hoping to see some Marshmallows in the ink delivery today, but no worries the Love Hearts make me know you care :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts