T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a graphtec MK7000 with the plug ins (rocket ship) for Corel Draw 12 and Adobe. I can't figure out how to "fatten" a font so it cuts correctly on the plotter. I also would like to cut names for the back of t-shirts for sport teams but there are not fonts fat enough on Adobe and Corel 12 to weed with ease on the plotter. Should I purchase a different software (I have read recommended WinPCSign and Sign X in these posts for plotters to cut, but do they have the traditional fonts, eg Hecules, Plain Block) How do you make your own numbers and names on Corel Draw?

Many, many thanks!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi
If you just want to make your fonts a bit chunkier, an easy way would be to use the contour feature from the toolbar. Just select your text and then click on the contour button and add the required dimensions and steps. Make sure outside is selected and bobs your uncle. You can then break the contour group apart and you'll be left with your original text and the new fatter version. Hope that's what you were after.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much as I have played with it and got one "fatter" but I do not really understand the contour button so it's hard to make all the names the same. I read the help button but it was confusing. I will have to study it a lot more.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for the web site FontFreek.com-there were web sites out there that I didn't know which to "trust".

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hi
If you just want to make your fonts a bit chunkier, an easy way would be to use the contour feature from the toolbar. Just select your text and then click on the contour button and add the required dimensions and steps. Make sure outside is selected and bobs your uncle. You can then break the contour group apart and you'll be left with your original text and the new fatter version. Hope that's what you were after.
What does changing the number for steps do for the font.Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
What does changing the number for steps do for the font.Thanks
Changing the steps number will alter how many times the contour effect is applied ie one outline or forty outlines or more.
Also a quick way to apply the same identical settings to other objects is to use the copy effect or clone effect command from the the effects menu at the top of the screen. Clone is particularly good because every cloned object will update if you change the parent objects settings. Hope that was clear.
I have been using Corel Draw for a number of years now, right back from version 7, so if I can help please ask. I have received a great deal of help from the screen printing forum so it's nice to be able to offer help to someone else.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Changing the steps number will alter how many times the contour effect is applied ie one outline or forty outlines or more.
Also a quick way to apply the same identical settings to other objects is to use the copy effect or clone effect command from the the effects menu at the top of the screen. Clone is particularly good because every cloned object will update if you change the parent objects settings. Hope that was clear.
I have been using Corel Draw for a number of years now, right back from version 7, so if I can help please ask. I have received a great deal of help from the screen printing forum so it's nice to be able to offer help to someone else.
Paul thank you. I added this to my favorites so I can find you if I need you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
As a side note, you can find lots of free fonts at FontFreak.com
has any one had any luck with font freak because im trying to down load the fonts on a mac then use them on a pc with windows xp im just worried that im gonna pay and not gonna be able to use them :confused:

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Not exactly related to the initial question but there are a lot of very good Corel tutorials available at advancedartist.com - After looking at a number of the free ones, I purchased the entire tutorial set. Very helpful information...

·
Registered
34 Posts
As mentioned above your easiest/cheapest/best bet is to just install some free fonts. Just go to dafont.com and download the font unzip and copy the .ttf (or whatever the extension) and paste it in your c:\Windows\Fonts folder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts