T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe someone here has a clue.
My fonts get fubared. In the windows xp registry some of my fonts, normally arial ones will get their key changed. Instead of just reading the font name they read c:\windows\fonts. example

Value Name
AdobeArabic-Bold (OpenType)

Value Data
AdobeArabic-Bold.otf

is how it should read. But mine will have

C:\Windows\Fonts\AdobeArabic-Bold.otf

You wouldn't think it would matter but seems to cause the display is all "off" looking.
I can't figure out why or how its happening. I asked on some microsoft forums but never got a response

· Registered
73 Posts
Hey there fellow devildog. If you go to C:\Windows\Fonts
you can manually delete and reinstall a font. Fonts are available online for download in many spots, just do a search for your particular font. That MAY fix it, if not have you tried deleting/fixing the values in the registry editor? Personally, I would just delete the font from the Windows fonts folder and reinstall, its a pretty simple drag and drop process.

· Registered
73 Posts
Hmm wow that is tricky...
I imagine you've checked the file permissions right?

What exactly do you mean they look "off"?

BTW what version of Windows are you running?

Try this:
1. Go to Control Panel in Classic View. Do this by typing "Control Panel" on the adress bar or simply click on Start then locate the Control Panel icon.
2. If you can see the Fonts folder, you are not in classic view but rather you are in category view. To switch to classic view, click the "Switch to Classic View" on the upperleft most corner of your screen. When you click on that you can now see the "Fonts" icon.
3. DoubleClick on the Fonts icon to reveal all the fonts you are using. Locate the arial.ttf. Usually it is written as Arial (True Type) with a letter O icon and first on the list.
4. Delete it by right clicking on it and click on delete. Or simply hit delete from the keyboard. A confirmation message will prompt and simply accept yes. Now you can install the new font.
5. Click on the File menu (you are still on the control panel fonts view) and click on install new fonts.
6. An Add Fonts will prompt again to locate for the font files.
7. When you have correctly locate the arial.ttf, you can see the Arial (True Type) on the list of fonts. Simply click OK and it will install automatically within a second. After that check for your new arial.ttf font if is still messed up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.