T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Magician looking to start a new business.

My name is Jason Love. I have been performing full time as the Madman of Magic since 2005. In 2008 I had to drop down to part time do to my biggest contract (Six Flags Great America in Chicago) filing bankruptcy and cutting most contracted entertainment. Before being a magician I had many small businesses from my dorm room while getting my undergrad degree in psychology. I sold bonsai trees on eBay, made handcrafted art, and other super small ventures. Now I am looking to sell t-shirts.

I came to this conclusion because of animation. When I dropped down to part time magician in ’08 I decided to teach myself animation and went to film school for a semester. I did not like it and switched to studying for my MBA while self teaching myself flash (animation/website/game software). I then decided to go with a t-shirt selling model while making animation like Homestarrunner.com. I figure this is a good business model to follow.

My current goals are to get an online t-shirt shop online, with hopes to expand into other items such as novelty items, magic tricks, and gifts. I want to use my animated videos to promote my shop and get more traffic. Utilizing YouTube, social networking, and online advertising I hope to have a strong internet presence and if need be sell at temporary events such as fairs and festivals. I have a small amount of experience in this area because I use to sell promotional Madman of Magic t-shirts after my show at Six Flags and I feel if the online store does not work it is a viable way to make some good money.

I am hoping the forum will help me get to this point.

My goal this week is to figure out the equipment I need, find the best deal on the equipment, and have it all purchased by tomorrow night.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blog Interest.

I ordered a beginners package for 2 color printer from Silk Screening Supplies .com, Screen Printing Equipment, Silk Screen Printing Kits . I should receive them in seven days.

I was wondering if people think it would be helpful to blog about starting a t-shirt business. If others would find it interesting, I would be willing to put my experience on the internet. If anyone knows someone else who did this let me know because be a beginner it would be helpful to follow someone else’s process of starting their t-shirt business.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.