T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
There are several ways of doing this. I imagine there is a standard heatpress method (I'm not a heat press expert). There's also adhesive screenprinting. Not sure it has an official name.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
As far as I understand it you screenprint an adhesive, then heat press the foil onto the adhesive (obviously you don't use superglue and kitchen foil...). I don't know much about it. I don't know what it's normally called other than "foil printing" (which may not be what a printer would actually know it as).

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Lewis you are correct.
The foil can be purchased at most screen print supply companies. Ryans Screen Print supply sell it for sure. A manufacturer of the foil is Crown Royal Leaf. They have all sorts fof fabrick foils.

Essentially like Lewis said, You print a printable Adhesive. (International Coatings) and run the garment through the dreyer. Heat press a sheet of foil over the print for about 15-30 sec. Let the shirt sit and cool down, then peel the sheet. The foil will stick to the adhesive you printed. You can adhere foil to regular plasticol but it is a lil tricky sometimes.

Actually fairly easy after some testing to get all your variable down.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Exactly,

I talked to a guy at Image Setters (which does heat transfers for some of the big boys) and he said that you basically do it in a two step process.

First you heat press an adhesive, then heat press the foil (bought seperately), wait until it is cool, and then peel. He said that with this method, the foil will never chip or peel or fall off.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Iced Out Apparel said:
how do i get crown royal leaf number
Just try your regular supply shop, they should be able to help you out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts