T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Still looking for the right printer to buy in the next couple months. I was watching a video on flushing the white lines in the Mod1. Doing a search the manufacture says it should be done once a month. If you are using white ink on a daily basis aren't the white lines being continually flushed with new ink? It doesn't look difficult but every time I see a syringe of white ink being dumped it looks expensive.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I think its all comes down to preference and doing what's right for your business.
These types of questions should also be addressed to your printer distributor regarding your warranty.
Since, a majority of "consumable" parts are those connected to the ink system you
need to know, if you do not follow this recommendation and end up damaging what would have
been a warranty part would it still be covered?

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Hi Bryan, it's only recommended to flush once a month, not required. The white ink lines on the Mod1 contain about $7 in ink. If you did a flush every month, that's $84 annually. Even after 5 years of doing this, it's still less than the cost of a print head. So it's more prevention than anything. White ink settles and can easily build up, that's why the flush helps.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
3 to 4 days is fine, but the white ink separates pretty well after 3-4 days. You would want to pull maybe 5cc through while shaking the ink bag, this would mix it well without having to flush anything out.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Can't you just shake the entire printer that way the lines get shaken also? :) I do like the sealed bag concept over the cartridges. The Mod5 also looks simpler to maintain vs the Brother, AnaJet and NeoFlex. I am thinking now it is between the Mod5 and the MelcoG3 (TexJet Plus).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts