T-Shirt Forums banner

Fluorescent UV Blocking Tube Covers

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  TableSyrup 
There's no cutoff listed on the yellow tubes, but the clear ones will not help if you want 'safe lights' and are trying not to expose stencils--370 nM to 420 nM or so is where diazo sensitized emulsion is most sensitive, so cutting off what's under 370 isn't going to to be too much help. I'd also mention that at that price, you can get them from a screen supplier--really nice ones will be around twenty a pop.

It looks like the yellow ones are just colored, not actually 'filters' per se, although they might work well. Might be rough gambling just under a hundred bucks to find out though.

I'd also add that if you're looking for inspection lights to be used for a minute or two on a screen, I wouldn't worry about using warm white tubes--if you've ever exposed a screen with cool whites, which have more UV than warm, you know that with the bulb three inches away from the screen, it still takes a very long time to poorly expose a screen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.