T-Shirt Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
I just got the SFR1M44-FU from Gotek, but I keep having to restart the tajima machine so it will read the USB stick again? If I don't restart, it won't read the stick. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
No need to call the Stitch Doctor or listen to what the other people are telling you to do. I had a GoTek do this last week on the same machine. Your GoTek should have came with a little bag with screws and jumpers/blocks. You need to place a jumper on the following on the board where the power cord to the reader plugs in. The jumpers need to go on the following JA, JC, JB, SO. You will have 3 open spaces which are J5, S1 and M0. If you need help shoot me a pm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help- I have a TMFX-C1204 (26 pin) that I just got a Richpeace Floppy Drive to USB Flash Drive Reader for. The converter/emulator is a little too wide for the machine, which I expected (Hirsch told me this would be the case), but I am wondering how other people have fixed this problem. Should I just shave away the plastic around the opening until it fits?

Also, does anyone know where I can find a diagram of how the machine's controller box is put together or a tutorial for how to take it apart? I have closely examined my user's manual and haven't found anything detailed enough to assist me.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Richpeace 26 pins emulator was the first I installed for TMFX years ago.
The only problem I remember was,the emulator is an little bit inside of panel comparing with FDD.
After 7 years work OK.
Please explain me what diagram do you need !
Are very rarely!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Floppy reader on Barudan

Question: The floppy drive works fine on my machine. It's "picky" as to which discs it wan't to read... problem with the format of them? I know there are designs on the other discs, but when it reads them, all the positions are empty. Should I try to format a new on to FAT32? Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Richpeace 26 pins emulator was the first I installed for TMFX years ago.
The only problem I remember was,the emulator is an little bit inside of panel comparing with FDD.
After 7 years work OK.
Please explain me what diagram do you need !
Are very rarely!
We ended up figuring it out the layout of the control box on our own- we shaved away part of the control box casing (VERY CAREFULLY to avoid metal shavings getting into the motherboard) and taped up the exposed edge with electrical tape. Had to call customer service to figure out which DIP switches to flip, but since then it's worked like a dream!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Tajima TMEX 1501 machine. It is only used about once a month and I get a 3D6 message when I boot indicating the software needs to be reloaded with the systems disk. The motherboard batteries do not keep the system in memory like it should anymore.

I few years ago I replaced the 1.4M floppy drive with the older 2 digit display Gotek SFR1M44-FU. It loads stitch files ok but I can't figure out how to load the system disk image on this unit. Maybe it doesn't support that.
I see the newer 3 digit display Gotek SFR1M44-FU-DL looks like it supports booting the system disk image using image mode b00-b99 codes. Can anyone confirm that it does and will work with my machine and that I don't need the SFRM72-FU unit to boot the 720k system disk image?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Toddzilla,
First change the CPU battery !
If you still have the old FDD,install it,and load the so software
I have some files about SFR emulators,I must look

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have swapped all my Brother machines out with the Gotek SRF1M44-FU.

I have the manual of how to install it and it is rather easy. Jumper issue mentioned is really easy to figure out.

Should come with a program to format disks also if you order off Amazon - Roughly $80.

Here is the PDF Manual for how to install.

GLHF

[media]http://cdn1.goughlui.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/SFR1M44-U100K-SFR1M44-U100K-R-SFR1M44-TU100K-UM.pdf[/media]

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just got the SFR1M44-FU from Gotek, but I keep having to restart the tajima machine so it will read the USB stick again? If I don't restart, it won't read the stick. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Are you talking about the same stick or a different one?

I know with my Brothers, I have to restart them to get it to recognize another disk.

It can be a tad annoying, but I tend to program all my work for the next day the night before, so I just make sure all work for that machine is on one disk.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
I would like some help with installing Gotek SFR1M44-FU on Tajima TMEX c-15 please. I installed it with jumper SO and JA =On. When I switch on the machine it starts operating and will not stop even if I push the stop button. Can anyone guide me as to the correct way of installing this unit. Will appreciate your assistance.

Thanks
Regards

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi
I would like some help with installing Gotek SFR1M44-FU on Tajima TMEX c-15 please. I installed it with jumper SO and JA =On. When I switch on the machine it starts operating and will not stop even if I push the stop button. Can anyone guide me as to the correct way of installing this unit. Will appreciate your assistance.

Thanks
Regards
Are you sure the signal cable connector is put in the right position on the Gotek side ?
Is easy to connect up side down
The jumper position is ok for many tajima
Normally must be an CD with emulator,you can see jumper position for various models

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello George
thanks for your comments. The Machine started working okay, I plugged in everything okay as there was only one way to plug in. I redid everything and hooray it worked. I think I could have made loose one of the cables, and once I pushed everything back in it corrected the problem. I still don't know what the problem was or is but now it works. Thanks again for your response.
Regards

21 - 34 of 34 Posts