T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping maybe someone can shed light on whether or not the Floppy emulators that are being sold will allow you to do a trace of the design on the Tajima TMEX C1201. Apparently you can ONLY do a trace if the design is loaded via floppy. My service rep said that his $350 floppy to USB conversion WON'T let you trace, but there are tons of "emulators" online. Assuming that these are emulators and that they use the same "F" drive, one would think you could trace from it, but I want to see if anyone knows for sure before ordering one.

Thanks!

·
Registered
236 Posts
If you change floppy with USB emulator must have TRACE function.
You can try with an Gotek emulator,is very cheap.
If your machine read ONLY 720K disk you need SFRM72-FU model,if read 1.44M disk you need SFR1M44-FU model.
You can find many dealers,I have mine in China,I bought many emulators from him and all work OK.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I replaced floppy drive with an USB emulator for an Happy machine.
I call my customer and he told me still have TRACE.
In fact emulator "trick" the machine to see it like an floppy drive.
Use the same way and interface like floppy drive.
The machine "don t know " if is floppy drive or USB emulator

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just purchased a GoTek emulator. Should it be plug and play? I installed but it will not read the flash drive. Any help with this? No installation instructions were available.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I just purchased a GoTek emulator. Should it be plug and play? I installed but it will not read the flash drive. Any help with this? No installation instructions were available.
GoTek is not plug and play actually. You have to have a jumper. I typically install a Richpeace USB on my customer's machines. It cost more but it is a lot less head ache then GoTek. Is your Tajima drive you took out a 34 pin or 26 pin? Also was it a YE Data?

·
Registered
9 Posts
GoTek is not plug and play actually. You have to have a jumper. I typically install a Richpeace USB on my customer's machines. It cost more but it is a lot less head ache then GoTek. Is your Tajima drive you took out a 34 pin or 26 pin? Also was it a YE Data?
Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, it is YE Data and it has 34 pin. Where do I get a Richpeace USB?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Connect the USB stick to a PC, find the drive letter in explorer, right click -> format. The pop up window should have a drop down of format options, one of them should be FAT32.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, it is YE Data and it has 34 pin. Where do I get a Richpeace USB?
I carry the Richpeace USB's send me a private message if you can't get the GoTek to work.
I've ordered the correct size flash drive and will format them when they arrive. If that doesn't work I will take the next step of considering this purchase. Thank you for the information.

·
Registered
236 Posts
All the Gotek emulators I used in the last year(and was many)
for Tajima,Happy,Chinese machines,Tajima TFD II readers,Richpeace readers and others Chinese readers work OK.

·
Registered
9 Posts
All the Gotek emulators I used in the last year(and was many)
for Tajima,Happy,Chinese machines,Tajima TFD II readers,Richpeace readers and others Chinese readers work OK.
Thanks for the information, but I am still having trouble making this work. So I have a more specific question for you, hopefully you can give me positive feedback. The supplier has not answered my question thus far.

Does the GoTeck work with the Tajima TMFXII? If so, I believe what I may be missing is information on where to put the jumper(s). Can you help me with that. This is my last resort before just returning this item. Thanks.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I do not install USB emulators for ALL Tajima models.
For TMFX (was first time when I installed an emulator,years ago),I used Richpeace one,because I was in Richpeace factory in China and having the floppy drive with me,they recommended the right model.
After I switch to Gotek,are cheaper.

I am sure an Gotek emulator work with TMFX.
Your floppy drive has 34 pin +power connectors ,or 26 pin without power connector?

In case floppy drive has 34pins + power connectors:

If you machine read only 720K disk the model of Gotek
must be SFRM-72FU
If your machine read 1.44 disk the model is SFR1M44-FU.

In both cases the jumpers must be:
S0-on
JA-on
the rest of jumpers are free.

I have an file with jumpers position,I will look

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can you tell me which one is best and is there a step by step instruction to install in a Tajima TMEX 1201 embroidery Machine

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got the SFR1M44-FU from Gotek, but I keep having to restart the tajima machine so it will read the USB stick again? If I don't restart, it won't read the stick. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If your machine read ONLY 720K disk you need SFRM72-FU model,if read 1.44M disk you need SFR1M44-FU model.
You can find many dealers,I have mine in China,I bought many emulators from him and all work OK.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got the SFR1M44-FU from Gotek, but I keep having to restart the tajima machine so it will read the USB stick again? If I don't restart, it won't read the stick. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts

1 - 20 of 34 Posts