T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am new in screen printing, and just want to ask if someone can give me some hint with this problem. I am using water based ink TEXILAC MONO and i have problem with flood stroke on larger areas. When I do small prints like small logo let's say in format A5 or A6 then all good, but when it comes to larger prints like on format A3 and larger then my print isn't as my expectations. Problem is with that my ink has very high density so i can't spread ink to cover all area for preventing from dry. And if I put more ink on screen to cover whole area then ink bleeds on tshirt surface. I tried to add some water with spray on design but it won't help. Is problem with ink density, or there something else? Many thanks for any help!

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
What mesh number are you using? Might try using a higher mesh count so it won't seep through the screen. You absolutely have to put plenty of ink in the screen and cover all of the open mesh area of the design.

Note, the ink loses moisture to the air and the emulsion while in the screen. Keep your used ink in a separate container from your fresh so you can always look at the fresh to judge how much moisture has been lost. Refresh your used ink with water (and/or whatever that ink requires) before using again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for reply. I am using 43T mesh (110 US). And also there might be a problem that I am using wrong pressure of squeegee to the screen during flood stroke?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Familiar problem for years back....
Here is a combination of things you can do. All will help a little bit.

1. Switch to 55T or 62T screens. They are better for waterbased inks.
2. Leave a fairly large blank areas on the top or bottom of the screen to collect the ink.

3. Flood a thin layer by barely touching the mesh. This works well when you have a lot of ink on the screen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for suggestions, will try to make smaller pressure with squeegee on screen when doing flood stroke.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts