T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.

Just trying to understand.

what's the purpose of flooding the screen?

why can't I just pull the squegee across the screen to push the ink onto the shirt, without first flooding the stencil?

thanks

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
humming said:

why can't I just pull the squegee across the screen to push the ink onto the shirt, without first flooding the stencil?
Flooding the screen correctly will give you a more even ink deposit.

If you are printing with waterbased inks (which I imagine you are with a home speedball kit) it will also buy you a little more time in terms of the ink drying in the screen.

·
Registered
227 Posts
humming said:
Thanks for your reply.

Just trying to understand.

thanks
On small to medium prints you can pretty much get away with it with no problems however of you look at the squeegee blade when you are pulling it the bead of ink built up on the front of the blade is what feeds the ink, if there was prior flooding, when you are pulling the squeegee.... The bigger the print the more likely you'll run out and have light spots or no ink spots....

sometimes i switch back an forth on a midsize print run... will flood, flood, notice bead has greatly thinkened so no flood, no flood, bead is getting smaller so back to Flood, flood, and etc...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts