T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi degaje, I´m afriad that I have never seen a producer using a hotmelt on a flock which is then suitable for transferring onto nylon.
If you have to do it I would use one which activates in a lower temperature range and not onto nylon with a hydrophobic surface.

I would be interested if anyone does know of one though :)

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
We do not sell any type of Flock that applies to nylon. Have you considered applying a film that adheres to the nylon, and then applying the Flock over that? Many customers of ours do that.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you considered applying a film that adheres to the nylon, and then applying the Flock over that?
I was considering that, If I had to, I was thinking that there may be a shrinking problem and an alignment problem as a result of the shrinking of the nylon that would make the reveal of the first layer inconsistant.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Make sure that you preheat the nylon to remove moisture. Also, I always cut my film background a little larger than the Flock foreground. Additionally, make sure that the nylon does not have a coating on it, or else you will have difficulty applying anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts