T-Shirt Forums banner

Flexible Worklight

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Wildgoose 
#1 ·
My eyes are not what they used to be. I seem to remember seeing a flexible work light attached to some machine either with a magnet or direct hookup. I have been searching for a while and haven't found anything quite like I want. Wondering if anyone has a good one they use or knows of such. I'm just wanting something that can mount and shine directly on the needle bar on my single head ZSK. It will have to be flexible enough to stay out of the way and find somewhere to mount within reach. Any help is appreciated.

I HAVE found a few magnetic options on amazon and other websites but it so hard to tell if they are junk or not.

#2 ·
Hey Goose.

Look on Ebay for the 5500k LED strips you can cut down to like 1 inch or 3 inches i think. Flexible and 3m adhesive on the back. All you need is a 12volt 5 am power supply . I think it cost me like $14.00 for everything ( with Power supply) the LED strip was like 16 feet long .Easy to cut down and wire in. Primal lol

#4 ·
Thanks Dwayne. The machine actually has a full strip built in but it sets behind the needle bar and just doesn't give me enough light when threading the needles. There isn't anywhere to mount a light strip that would be in the right area thus the snake style flexible idea. I saw a pic a few years back of a machine that had a hard mounted flexible little pen light type attachment that you could pull over and aim right at the presser foot and then just move it out of the way. I was hoping someone would have a similar set-up and could aim me at something tried and true. I will probably take a shot at one of the magnetic battery operated ones and hope for the best. If I find one that I like I'll post a link for some future search.

#6 ·
A good idea may be to see an Ophthalmologist. My mom had this problem (she is 70), and ignored it until it became too bad for laser treatment. She had to have the old-school method, which is cumbersome, but now she can see as good as I .

Anyway this is what you need:
https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Mounting-Working-Gooseneck-Machine/dp/B010U7TKRQ/
You could also cut the the cord and wire it to your machine.

#7 ·
Ha ha for a minute I thought you were going to tell me I needed to see a proctologist! I actually got some good prescription glasses just a few months back but I still strain when there isn't enough light. My workroom needs to be repainted because it's just too dark and soaks up all the light. I picked a magnetic mounted battery operated version of a work light that I think will work and if not it looks handy for mechanic work and other do-dads. I hold a pen light in my mouth or grab a headband style at the moment and broken threads and needle changes aren't that often for my little operations so a wired unit is not absolutely necessary. If I totally find myself just ooh and ahh'ing over it I may figure out a hard mount option. There is a blanked out hole in the Sprint 6 right above the power switch that might serve the purpose if I get feeling industrious.

#8 ·
#9 ·
My eyes are not what they used to be. I seem to remember seeing a flexible work light attached to some machine either with a magnet or direct hookup. I have been searching for a while and haven't found anything quite like I want. Wondering if anyone has a good one they use or knows of such. I'm just wanting something that can mount and shine directly on the needle bar on my single head ZSK. It will have to be flexible enough to stay out of the way and find somewhere to mount within reach. Any help is appreciated.

I HAVE found a few magnetic options on amazon and other websites but it so hard to tell if they are junk or not.

There is this.. usb powered and battery.

1. https://www.ebay.com/p/Flexible-2-D...ing-Tablet-Laptop/1239408655?iid=172329025351

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.