T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Flexi Jet printer and am trying to get it up and going.
I have printed out a test on a shirt a few times and it worked fine. I was going to run another test and I recieved a "Set Ink CRTG" on the printer portion of the Flexi Jet. I removed and put back the cartridge at least 20 times and still recieve the message. I have even rebooted as many times. Does anyone one know why or what is going on???
Any ideas would be great.

Thanx
Onepaintinfool

·
Banned
877 Posts
Sounds like the chip is not lining up with the connector, try getting the solid outline on the printer window than hold it in place while lowering the levers.
If the chip re-sets and goes green with your chip re-setter, than turn off the printer, insert the cartridge, than lower the lever and re-start the printer. If this does not work than another cartridge may be needed, you should have received two sets ;)
Dan
"HAPPY PRINTING"

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with the Flexi - it recognizes some cartridges only after some moving them up and down in their position. Then, after 2 month I have already 4 or 5 totally "bad" chips - resetter doesn't work with them(red light).

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ok this was a new one on me-

I was doing a power clean, flushing out my machine with distilled water, when I lifted the levers my light light black cartridge suddenly gave the set ink crtg message. I figured it must have shifted a little but apparently not. I could get the solid square easily but when I lowered the lever it went back to that message over and over. Usually once you get the solid square and hold it in place it accepts the cartridge again.

After a few tries I put in my spare and finished the power clean. Afterwards tried the other cartridge again- still won't work. Odd?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I must say...if there is a fix that others can benefit from, why have someone contact you? Post the fix here. It is a common practice on the Flexi Jet forums for someone to have a problem and then a post is made about a PM to the person with the fix instructions.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I must say...if there is a fix that others can benefit from, why have someone contact you? Post the fix here. It is a common practice on the Flexi Jet forums for someone to have a problem and then a post is made about a PM to the person with the fix instructions.
Good observation! Back two years ago before I purchased my Flexi I was told there would be instructional videos as well as a detailed manual when the machine was delivered. I still have neither. AFTER I purchased my Flexi I was told by the distributor there would be minimal written documentation, but that all business would be done by phone for "liability reasons". I guess it must still be that way.

Thank goodness for all of the owners who followed the example of Justin Walker in writing reviews, Dan Salgado in exploring and documenting fixes and solutions of all kinds, and all the other owners that chose to take the time to write up their problems and solutions for all of us to benefit from! You have all made my life easier! Thanks!

On the set ink crtg error---I tried more solutions owners suggested- insert the cartridge and quickly press the pause button ( do not hold it down) but it did not work in this case. I cleaned the chip with an eraser- did not work. I tried turning off the machine , inserting the cartridge and lowering the lever, then turning it back on , did not work- but all of these do work some of the time.Finally, although it had already been reset once, I let the cartrdge sit overnight, reset it with the cartridge resetter, and it worked!

Always good to have spares around in case the chip is actually blown.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts