T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!

I'm looking for anyone who would like to share their experiences with the Flexi-Jet. Do you love it, or hate it? Service issues, techical problems? Did it hold up to production or did it peter out ?

If you had to do all over again, would you buy a flexi?

Thanks!

·
Registered
344 Posts
If we were buying again at the time that we bought two years ago I think the Flexi was a good choice. We wanted maximum flexibility in print size at that time.

Now however I am not sure we would make the same decision. There are printers on the horizon I keep hearing about that are MUCH more attractive price wise- fast enough for our needs, and have enough flexibility to do most of what we currently do.

I also think the industry in general has raised the bar of what is considered acceptable support, warranty, complete manuals, video instructions, etc. Two years ago bad or incomplete manuals, weak tech support, and overpromising the capabilities of the machines and understating the maintenance was pretty commonplace.

But now, the expectations of customers have risen greatly. Less sloppiness in business standards are tolerated. Also there is so much more to choose from in both primary and aftermarket sources. This is a very good thing IMHO. Do plenty of homework- compare all the options and most importantly- make your business plan before you buy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If we were buying again at the time that we bought two years ago I think the Flexi was a good choice. We wanted maximum flexibility in print size at that time.

Now however I am not sure we would make the same decision.
You bring up a VERY good point. Cost is a factor, too. If the new equipment you describe is really low-priced, it will really change the market for this equipment.

I have been pretty impressed with the number of dedicated Flexi-Jet users on the various dtg forums; you folks really do work hard to help others. I send everyone who asks about one of my used machines to these forums and suggest they talk rather than just reading.

I wonder if the new machines coming out are going to achieve the same level of dedicated support (fanbase?) the Flexi-Jet machines seem to have brought out.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have been pretty impressed with the number of dedicated Flexi-Jet users on the various dtg forums; you folks really do work hard to help others. I send everyone who asks about one of my used machines to these forums and suggest they talk rather than just reading.

I wonder if the new machines coming out are going to achieve the same level of dedicated support (fanbase?) the Flexi-Jet machines seem to have brought out.
I'd be surprised if the many of the newer machines produced the same kind of user network that the Flexi-jet developed- because that was really led by Dan Salgado being the pioneer user who shared his knowledge and expertise with other users( and he still does). Justin Walker paved the way in making public forum posts the method we used for communication and spreading of information.

Hopefully most manufacturers and distributors have raised the bar of tech support and documentation, and will never again leave users in a position where they have to rely on an extensive user network to simply acquire the basic information needed to operate and maintain their printers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts