T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i wonder if anyone here has an answer for this matter.
ok i have a us cutter running on flexisign and cutting vinyl is fine, but iv just brought myself a heatpress and lots of flex vinyl but every time i go to cut the flex it seems to move about a lot, like its slipping and not getting a clean cut. iv tightened my rollers fully and still have the same problem, has anyone els had this problem ? thanks

· Registered
155 Posts
When you say slipping it the vinyl actually shifting on the plotter? I have a lower end plotter I'm using and I've found I have to move the pinch rollers in a little more than vinyl which loses me about 1". I initially have some skipping of the blade because the material is a but more resistant do to the ability of the vinyl to stretch. I installed a new blade, increased the depth a little, as well as the down force of the blade. I'd definitely try cleaning the rollers or even inspecting them to make sure the knurled part isn't worn then maybe moving the rollers in or to a different area. watch it cut and see if you can tell where it's moving. I had an issue with one bad pinch roller which cause problems only occasionally. Sorry I'm all over the place, but it could really be a few different things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.