T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have been checking out some of the Spread shirt stores and noticed Smartmunkee has some flex printed t-shirts particulary Monster print where the 2 colours touch (the black and Orange). How is this possible, when I read the guidelines for setting up flex and flock I had understood the 2 colours couldn't touch? Any ideas

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
We have spreadshirt designs where colours touch each other and have never had any problems with that, See http://www.spreadshirt.de/shop.php?sid=68151&article_id=1832990#top for an example
The horse's mane is one colour and is touching the horses neck. As a rule of thumb if we're designing for spreadshirt we make sure that no print area has a diameter of less than 1.5mm and that seems to take care of everything. Hoep that it helps.

If its any consolation we had our first two designs rejected but since then everything has been cool.

·
Banned
54 Posts
hi,

from a manufacturers POV, there is no problem at all applying flock on flock on flock etc.... ( overlaping ).

Flock material comes with adhesive on the back side. Ok, so you layer 20 layers of flock on flock and your design will turn out like 1" thick . If that's the look you want so be it.

As for providing artwork for overlaping colors etc in your design. Simple, just treat each color as a design by itself, as a screen print process would with seps. The cutter will cut out each color and then you lay out/apply each color on the garment as you like.

Hey, another thing that is cool is to freestyle hand trace/draw/cut your designs on to these iron-on on materials. No need for Cutters with this method. Fun too.

cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Actually, you cannot effectively layer flock on flock because the nature of the flock fibers is to break apart through washing which in turn breaks the bond of the adhesive to the flock below it. You can however print flock on flex and achieve the look you want.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
zels said:
Actually, you cannot effectively layer flock on flock because the nature of the flock fibers is to break apart through washing which in turn breaks the bond of the adhesive to the flock below it. You can however print flock on flex and achieve the look you want.
We generally take Foxy's advice with a heavy pinch of salt :)

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Comin'OutSwingin said:
more like a dumptruck load!:D
I'm sure she means well.
Meant. Past tense. I assume Rodney discreetly stepped in (if so, thanks!), so it seems best to put it behind us and move on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts