T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having issues embroidering on Flex Fit hats. My needles keep breaking. I am able to embroider other hats, however these are causing a problem. Does anyone have any tips/tricks for the hats? Someone told me to use a heat gun and warm up the hat a little before running it. Do you use sharp or round needles?

·
Registered
36 Posts
echo on sharp titanium needle

i was doing well at around 600spm then as I got better was able to bump to 700...but definitely start slower.

I increased my 'inching' stitches. These are the first few stitches the machine does every color change or start/stop. I increased all the way to 9 as I found everything just worked better if it had those extra stitches at the start to grab the bobbin and get anchored.

Don't use a heat gun...use a steamer. Even steam from an iron works to soften everything up. Heat gun can melt stuff.

After hooping and steaming, just before loading the cap frame on to the machine, hit the inside of the backing with some silicone spray. Lubing things up helps a great deal.

As always, make sure the digitizing is solid...

my two cents...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.