T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone explain how to "flatten" a CorelDraw file that contains overlapping transparencies for submission to a printing shop?

The printing shop uses PhotoShop and tells me that there is a "flatten" command in PhotoShop, but I can't find anything equivalent in CorelDraw. My web search hasn't provided much useful help either.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

~Maxine

·
Registered
235 Posts
just select what you want to flatten and export it as a PSD file. or a TIFF, JPEG etc.

It will flatten automatically.

If you are going to a printing press you will need to exprt it a a minimum of 300 dpi. However, after you export it, import it back in and zoom in to see if you like the clearity before sending it to them.

The printer should have preferances to what type of file they want to use, so ask them what they want and you can export it that way.

I do this every day all day.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Publish it to PDF. It will retain the vectors also.
NO, if you have any bitmaps or fades, it will most def. mess them up.... As I stated before, if you are a CorelDraw user and need to flatten the file for press, I strongly recomend that you export it as a TIFF at 300DPI or Higher.

If you are not concerned with the PDF messing with fades that overlap vectors etc. then PDF will work.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all so much for your help! I ended up exporting the background elements as a high res jpeg. Then importing it back in, placing the text on top and publishing to pdf for submission.

The print shop was happy with the file.

Thanks again to each of you for your assistance. It is very much appreciated. Y'all are just great!

~Maxine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts