T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Help. I thought this was going to be straight foward but it took all evening and still not working.
WE HAVE CHANGED THE RIBBON, Print head and now its flashing. We cleaned the encoder strip does the check goes across real slow then all lights flash. Any suggestions? thanks Belinda

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Hi,
Help. I thought this was going to be straight foward but it took all evening and still not working.
WE HAVE CHANGED THE RIBBON, Print head and now its flashing. We cleaned the encoder strip does the check goes across real slow then all lights flash. Any suggestions? thanks Belinda
I assume you mean all the ink lights are flashing? you may need to recheck your ribbon cable connections at the print head to make sure they are seated properly.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It blew the fuse so we changed the print head and ribbon cable. There was a burn mark on the ribbon cable and the print head was clogged. So when we put it all back together it goes to cycle slow across and continues to do this until it goes into an error then the lights all start flashing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will check connections when I get home. Hopefully that is it .It was hard to get the strip in the slot because there is no room?

·
Registered
127 Posts
when it does this, does it go back and forth 3 or 4 times and park on the left side or the side opposite from the capping assembly and then the lights start to flash? If so then it is a problem with the carriage binding slightly or it is having a hard time reading the encoder strip or relaying the information from the strip to the main board. Make sure that there is no carriage bind and that the carriage is moving all of the way from one side all of the way to the other at startup. It should touch the frame on both sides. If there isn't a binding problem, check the encoder strip and make sure that it's clean and then check the small ribbon cable that connects to the back side of the carriage. If it it damaged or not plugged in all of the way you could this error.

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
It blew the fuse so we changed the print head and ribbon cable. There was a burn mark on the ribbon cable and the print head was clogged. So when we put it all back together it goes to cycle slow across and continues to do this until it goes into an error then the lights all start flashing.

First check your print head to ribbon cable connections and make sure they are connected snugly.

The carriage assembly moving back and forth and then stopping and lights flashing can also possibly indicate that you need to reset the waste tank counter. There is a software program to do that. You can download the adjustment program here:
Fast T-Jet Adjustment Program

There is no harm in resetting the counter often.

Harry
Equipment Zone

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm home. I downloaded the program them unsure what to do. When i go tot run the program it goes into a fatal error.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Not to be blind leading the blind here... But if you are using Vista or Win 7 you might have to run that program as administrator or in compatibility mode. That is just an assumption though and my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks everyone for your help. It needed a new motherboard too. The serviceman then printed using my machine and it printed out wonderful colors. Exciting. Now I just need to learn how to set up my software to print like his. Went home to try black t-shirt and useda photo and it was choppy and the white was showing....color was poor?

·
Registered
131 Posts
when it does this, does it go back and forth 3 or 4 times and park on the left side or the side opposite from the capping assembly and then the lights start to flash? If so then it is a problem with the carriage binding slightly or it is having a hard time reading the encoder strip or relaying the information from the strip to the main board. Make sure that there is no carriage bind and that the carriage is moving all of the way from one side all of the way to the other at startup. It should touch the frame on both sides. If there isn't a binding problem, check the encoder strip and make sure that it's clean and then check the small ribbon cable that connects to the back side of the carriage. If it it damaged or not plugged in all of the way you could this error.
I have this problem now. What is the solution? Encoder strip and ribbin cable has been changed, the carraige cleaned and I have the same issue. How can you set the reset the counter when it is action like that?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have this problem now. What is the solution? Encoder strip and ribbin cable has been changed, the carraige cleaned and I have the same issue. How can you set the reset the counter when it is action like that?
I'm having the same problem....any other solutions? Thanks.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Which problem are you having exactly?
Hi,

It was running fine then after one day of no use, I fire it up and this problem happened. I turn on the printer, the carriage moves very slowly from R to L twice then parks at the far left and all 7 red lights flashing.

There's no ink charging noise whatsoever.

I double checked everything and changed encoder strip. cleaned the pf wheel.

i've been reading all the posts on the forum regarding "fatal error":

i've reset the WIC via the adjustment program.... turned off and unplugged printer....checked for obstruction on the carriage.....when the printer is off, the carriage moves freely from L to R

what else can i check???

thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
This either encoder strip related or a bind of the carriage. Items to check would be the cleanliness of the carriage drive belt, the gear that drives that and the guide bars that the carriage move on. I happens all of the time that the belt and gear get clogged up with fibers and cause either the carriage to slightly bind or vibrate slightly causing a misread of the encoder strip. Make sure that there is nothing in the way of the carriage movement from end to end even a small obstruction will cause this. If none of these items work out you can do a simple test to see if it is a binding issue or an encoder issue. Start up the printer and when the carriage starts to move to the left reachin with your hand and push the carriage all of the way to the left until it touches the left frame. You can move the carriage a bit faster than it would normally move and when it touches the left frame get your hand out of the way. If you have helped it past the bind it will go through the normal startup at this point. If none of this work it will be theencoder strip, the reader or sensor on the back side of the carriage or the white flat cable that connects to the board on the back of the carriage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts