T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a screenprinter and usually print with water based inks on light colored t-shirts. I print small amounts and air dry them. I'm thinking of printing on dark colors and wonder if I need a flash dryer to do this. I may also use plastisol for dark colors and want to know if a flash dryer will cure the ink or do I absolutely have to have a conveyer belt dryer. Any help appreciaated.
Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
We have a flash dryer and print with the plastisol inks and flash at 375 for 45 seconds, haven't had a problem. Air drying won't dry the plastisol, but you certainly do not need a belt dryer, from what we have seen the belt dryer is an option in lieu of the flash dryer.

·
Administrator
14,723 Posts
If you are going to put down a white base stroke on your darks, then a flash will help you a lot. Otherwise, if you are getting good wash results with air drying lights, you should have the same results with darks.

p3 is right, using plastisol you can fully cure plastisol in 45 seconds. However, if you decide to flash cure your waterbased inks, it will take longer. Generally 2 minutes or so with the garment 6 inches under the flash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts