T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
We are using laser 1 opaque with an HP color laserjet 2605. The print is coming out beautifully, but some of the color is flaking off when washed, usually at a point where its creased during the washing cycle. We are washing inside out as directed.
I've adjusted the printer to the hottest fuser and slowest time possible, but it's still flaking.
Anyone have any experience with the paper washing well?

THANK YOU!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What type craft sheets are you using? If you could point me to them, I'd really appreciate it.
Most of our designs are rectangular, so we cut around them, but they flake on creases after washing.

THANK YOU!

i started cutting my design and using craft sheets to cover designs whether light or dark. there was some fading but even to this day people still comment on how nice the t-shirts are.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What we found improves the washability, is to re-press the shirt (after covering the image with a sheet of SILICONE paper and NOT teflon), for 5 seconds after it has cooled down..................
Great - I will try that today and see how it works.
One more question - I have seen recommendations for pressing for 2 min at 300, up to 20 seconds at 375. What do you do?

Thank you!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2 minutes at 300 is definately not for the paper you are using. You will burn the shirt, and melt the paper.

I press at 375 for 15 seconds.
For some reason, the people at best blanks recommend the 300 for 2 minutes [media]http://www.bestblanks.com/media/Laser1_Opaque.pdf[/media]. The paper and shirt come out fine, but the flaking is a problem.

I will try the double press at 375 for 15 and let you know.
Thank you, thank you, thank you,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.