T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a sample pack of this sent to me, to compare it to my current film. First thing I noticed was that it was slightly milky looking (whereas my stuff is crystal clear), and it was difficult to tell which side was printable (took a pen to both sides to see which it stuck to).

I printed out (using an EPSON 1520) a design I already had on my current film and checked them both out side-by-side. The Fixxons product definitely "looks" black-er. Whereas my existing film kinda looks black-brownish. But when I hold it up to the light, I can read the writing on the light bulb through the Fixxons, and the other stuff does a much better job of blocking out not just the lettering on the light bulb, but the light as well.

I'd throw this on a screen and test it, but I'm in the process of ordering more emulsion. My concern is that with the milkiness of the film and the less-than-opaqueness of the ink, the exposure won't be quite as good as what I'm currently using.

Can any current Fixxons users weigh in on this? Are your films completely opaque? Do you have to be careful with overburning your screens? Anything else you'd like to add?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I use fixxons film. 13"x 100' roll and i love the stuff..my screens burn perfect. I print my seps on a epson workforce 1100 (no rip). If you take the film and put it between your fingers (thumb and index) you can feel the smooth side and the coated side. or if you have a printer that has a roll feeder the film should come over the top. My exposure unit is home built metal halide 400w. burn screens in 1minute 30 seconds. not a single issue...fixxons film is cheaper cost wise but i truly like the quality. and shipping has been super fast and well packaged. Sorry if i gave to much info but i was trying to answer question i myself would ask.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I use Fixxons film also and I love it. I have a epson 1400 a diy metal halide and the screenprinters hybrid ink from inkjetcarts.com and the fixxons film works perfectly. Notice I didn't mention a rip and a single sheet burns great. If I were you I would give it a shot and see. Since its just samples it won't cost anything but time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Boosh! ; What gives our film the milky look is our microporous coating. This coating is applied so that more ink from your printer could be absorbed by our film, giving you a dense darker black. It is also what makes our film waterproof.

Thank you to everyone for the positive feedback. We appreciate your business and hope to continue to be your film supplier.

-Jesus.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Boosh! ; What gives our film the milky look is our microporous coating. This coating is applied so that more ink from your printer could be absorbed by our film, giving you a dense darker black. It is also what makes our film waterproof.

Thank you to everyone for the positive feedback. We appreciate your business and hope to continue to be your film supplier.

-Jesus.
Your film and prices are the best. I'm a customer for life.

·
Registered
8 Posts
They usually go out the same day or next day latest. Our samples are shipped USPS, so it depends on your location. We're shipping out of Fullerton, CA. You can e-mail me directly at [email protected] for more info.

·
Registered
173 Posts
This thread reminded me I had a sample pack from fixxons film sitting on my shelf for months. I decided to try it out last night and the results came out great. I am also running an epson 1400 with hybrid ink from injetcarts.us. I was wondering if they only sell 100 sheet packs? Do they sell them in a 50 pack?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I am not sure. I suggest you buy the roll though and just cut it. The savings are great and nopt trouble as long as its cut relatively straight

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Im not sure about a 50 pack. They sell rolls @ 100' I prefer the roll so I can my sheet to the length I need. Less waste just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I bought a box and have tried a couple of sheets. It seems a little smoother than the other stuff I use, so it had a slightly higher tendency to stick to the emulsion after the shot, but the ink didn't transfer to the emulsion, so that's not an issue. Is slightly less "milky" than my other film, too. I might have to "up" my ink volume slightly for a little more opacity, but I burned a couple of screens and they turned out perfect, so I'll be buying more. The price is good and the free shipping seals the deal.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts