T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Has anyone used Flat fitty for fitted hats?

I got a reply from them and they seem very easy to deal with and their presskit was impressive as in how detailed you can customize a hat. And the prices were very good from what the rep explained.

Just trying to see if anyone used them and had a negative or positive experience.

I just wanted to do some due dilligence before I cough up the cash...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I wanted to get some hats for my line but I don't like the prices on some of the other places I have seen. And most people are hung up on the new era "fit" so I want to find a hat that's comparable to their fit. I had some hats and did some wear tests and the size was spot on but the customization was very minimal. But I stumbled on flat fitty and their pdf presentation looked good.
Why you have another option?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thank you for your reply,
But I literally just sent my 50pct deposit to flatfitty 6 hours ago! Lol
For those of you that may be curios their hats are of great quality and very comparable to new era! The customization is awesome as well. They will make your hat from scratch and add any detail you want. Their customer service and reps are also very easy to deal with...
Here's the draw back... Their hat prices for MOQ is about 5-9 FOB depending on what you want but the MOQ is 300 pieces per style/ color so you can't mix the order and keep the same MOQ price.
You can mix the order however and pay higher than the MOQ price which is usually about 2x the MOQ price which isn't too terrible.
I got my samples and they were spot on and awesome! Hey all I can say is they worked for me and I encourage anyone who wants fitted caps to check them out. Lol

·
Registered
101 Posts
did you try going through NewEra? that sounds like alot of pieces, enough maybe to get started with NewEra. when you say flatfitty are you talking about the MAGIC brand?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did you try going through NewEra? that sounds like alot of pieces, enough maybe to get started with NewEra. when you say flatfitty are you talking about the MAGIC brand?
We'll to be honest with you its more of a price:value thing that helped me make my decision. The price is less than 8 bucks per hat after shipping for my order for a hat that's very comparable to new era in fit and quality. New era would have been WAY more than this...
Just a note I only ordered 2 styles of hats with 200 pieces each and yes I could have ordered way less hats than 300 and payed a higher per hat charge but I just thought it was silly to pay 12 per hat and only order 50-100 hats when I could order
200 pieces and pay half that price. It was a no brainer for me. Pay 1200 for 200 hats or 1200 for 100 hats? I chose 200. Lol
As for flat fitty being magic brand I have no idea... All I know is the service was good the rep was easy to deal with, the quality/fit was GREAT and the price was VERY reasonable for the value. People are begging for my samples but I'm making them wait! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We'll to be honest with you its more of a price:value thing that helped me make my decision. The price is less than 8 bucks per hat after shipping for my order for a hat that's very comparable to new era in fit and quality. New era would have been WAY more than this...
Just a note I only ordered 2 styles of hats with 200 pieces each and yes I could have ordered way less hats than 300 and payed a higher per hat charge but I just thought it was silly to pay 12 per hat and only order 50-100 hats when I could order
200 pieces and pay half that price. It was a no brainer for me. Pay 1200 for 200 hats or 1200 for 100 hats? I chose 200. Lol
As for flat fitty being magic brand I have no idea... All I know is the service was good the rep was easy to deal with, the quality/fit was GREAT and the price was VERY reasonable for the value. People are begging for my samples but I'm making them wait! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As for flat fitty being magic brand I have no idea... All I know is the service was good the rep was easy to deal with, the quality/fit was GREAT and the price was VERY reasonable for the value. People are begging for my samples but I'm making them wait!

·
Registered
101 Posts
i hope you don't think that i'm being a jerk anything about the caps you decided to use. i was just curious. for me i love wearing NewEra caps. they fit right or maybe i'm just soo use to them. next cap would be the Flexfit Brand. i've tried Brand called Fitty from Magic and it didn't fit right. JMHO. good luck with everything i hope it works out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not a fan of flexfit at all...lol I just personally wouldn't use it. I wear them at my job at times (I work on a weapons firing line not mcdonalds lmao!) And they are kind of uncomfortable for larger head people like myself. Lol
But I do understand where your coming from with the "I love new era fit" and most people who are new era fans feel the same way. There are tons of other good quality hats out there but new era has done one hell of a job with their branding. So good of a job that its the fitted hat standard to a certain degree. Just an awesome job... Now there are hats that "come close" and will be at a better price point because there are 2 types of hat wearers in my opinion... The person who only wears a 5950 new era and a person who doesn't want to spend 35+ bucks on one. Lol especially in todays economic climate. So there has to be other options.
I'm not sure if the brand I'm using is the same as yours but I took my samples of different sizes to almost a dozen different new era wearers and they were more than pleased with the fit.so I hope I got it right! Join my mailing list on the site and when they come on line you will get an email. Remind me and I will send you a hat at cost for you to check out if you like what's your size?...

·
Registered
101 Posts
i know what your talking about. NewEra is expensive. depends on the hair. lol 7 5/8 or 7 3/4. yeah i know what mean when it comes to Flexfit for big heads. if my head was a size bigger i don't think Flexfit would fit my head too. anyways keep your samples for yourself and your bussiness. i hope it works out. when was your ship date?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm told dec.12 or possibly sooner since its not a huge run but I'm not holding my breath lol
As long as it makes the boat before chinese new year I'm happy!
Its funny because I'm getting some varsity jackets from india and that turnaround is WAY faster...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got the jackets and hats no problem. Recently moved and have all my products in storage! I'm done now in the house and will take pics and post the hats on this thread. Give me a couple weeks while I get settled.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts