T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seem to be stumbling over something that seems should be simple yet I can not figure it out. I am trying to take an object, in this case a vector based object (barbed wire) and have it shape to a path just like you do with text. Is this possible? Thx!

·
Registered
228 Posts
In illustrator try dragging the object onto your brushes palette to make an art brush out of it. Draw your path and apply the brush stroke you just made.

May take some trial and error with sizing to get it exact, but it will work for what you are trying to do.

Not sure how you would accomplish this in corel or inkscape.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
It should work, draw you path, then put your bird on the page, select both objects go to text and tell is fit text to path.
John

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I believe this functionality was added in Corel X4, think I saw an AdvancedArtist video tutorial covering it. I'm still using X3 and don't believe it's possible in X3 or prior.

Edit: Don't see the tutorial on AdvancedArtist, so I may be wrong. I found an Oberon plugin, but I do not think that will accomplish what you are wanting to do. Will keep lookin though!

·
Registered
182 Posts
In illustrator try dragging the object onto your brushes palette to make an art brush out of it. Draw your path and apply the brush stroke you just made.

May take some trial and error with sizing to get it exact, but it will work for what you are trying to do.

Not sure how you would accomplish this in corel or inkscape.
Gah.. Coreldraws Artistic Brush is a sad cry compared to Illustrator and the Brushes. Shame.

I tried and tried but couldnt handle the annoying results.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts