T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, it's my first time here and my first time screen printing. I have managed to build my own unique four color four station hand operated printing setup gear.
I make most of my own patterns on Tracing paper and it's pretty much like the smoked Velum paper and way cheaper. I use the Speedball Photo Emulsion and it works great. I expose in direct sunlight for 2 minutes exactly and it works perfectly everytime. Now I am wanting to get into some Photo Realistic screenprinting and find out that I need extremely exspencive software called FAST RIP that costs around a grand. I can't afford that and Photoshop was exspensive enough as it was and I borrowed that copy I have from a good friend and loaded it onto my computer and made a backup copy to boot. It's use is limited however so I use it sparingly. My question is does anyone have a copy of the Fast Rip software that I could possibly get?
Currently I am making a baseball cap device that will allow me to print them as well. I make everything I need either out of wood or metal or both from my own imagination once I figure out what and how I have to do something. I would be more than happy to share my plans with anyone who asks me for free. I lost my job about six months ago an I was outsourced by the Mexican immagrants. I am a residential electrician/heating and air conditioning technition by trade. Since everything else went up in price, work started becoming less and my pay scale went down to compensate until I eventually was laid off in June 2008. Before I got laid off, I wired a commercial building set up for a screen print shop and the owner taught me a lot even though at the time I wasn't really interested. But I am thankful that I paid some attention to him because now I am at a have to point in my life. It's both easy and hard at the same time but could be well worth it in the long run. I just need to start with the little bit of money I have left in my bank account so that I can still feed my family. I have found Youtube to be very useful for information. And it's helped me to get this far in as short of time as I have. If anyone can help me out here please feel free to do so. Thanks so much. :)

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While what I am asking may sound illegal in the proper context it is not. Specifically because there would be no money involved. It's like this, I have a movie that I bought and you wanted to borrow it. But while in your posession, you made a copy of the movie for your own personal enjoyment as in recording off TV from HBO type of recording. This is NOT copyright infringement. But, if you sell for profit that same movie, then it becomes copyright infringement. The same with software. Computer manufacturers will preload Windows Vista on a new computer and create a virtual recovery disc on the C drive with the Windows Vista as a backup copy HP computers are famous for this but they never give you the actual software (Windows Vista) with the computer. The computer company will purchase Multiple License packs from Microsoft to save money. Each computer has it's own license and also preregistered to Microsoft. Therefore the computer company uses only one master copy of Windows Vista to load on their computers before they sell them or get them to the marketplace.
Since I would not be selling this software, I would not break the copyright protocall and it would only be used for personal experiences only. After all, it takes time to learn how to use difficult software. I have had the Photoshop for a good couple of years now and I learn something new on it every day. It is a very sophisticated piece of software but it can do so much.
I am not real good with drawing people especially faces, so here's what I do. I downloaded the Kodak Easy Share free software from Kodak. I upload a photo that I wish to use. Then I want to print it on a T-shirt so then I EDIT in the Easy share software and I choose FUN EFFECTS then I choose coloring book. This removes all color and leaves the outlines, which is perfect for making a T-shirt picture. I've used this for air planes, boats, bikes, motorcycles, cars and all sorts of goodies. Once I get these photo's in coloring book form, I can then manipulate the drawing to the way I want it to look. I can do this in less than 20 minutes rather than two hours in Photoshop. It saves me a lot of time. Try it you might like it! It only takes about 10 minutes to learn how to use the easyshare software.:):):D
The reason I want a copy of the RIP Fast software is because I want to get into doing some realistic photo's on t-shirts using half tones and quarter tones for shading. Then I can use just three basic colors of ink plus black to make everything work just like it's supposed to. Much like a computer printer does. I think I am ready to at least give it a try and experiment with it. But at present I just don't see in putting out several hundred dollars on something I may not be able to do.
I was told that I can do the half tones in Photoshop but I haven't been able to figure it out yet.
In case you're wondering I have Photoshop 7.0 and I do get all the updates for it. I also have the ART Explosion T-shirt Factory and the Motherload of clip art the 800,000 Image Catalog I got off eBay for about $35.00. I also have Corel Draw Graphics Suite 12.0 that I rarely use also from eBay. If you'd like a copy of any of these, just ask. I don't mind sharing.
slowhand

· Registered
116 Posts
While what I am asking may sound illegal in the proper context it is not. Specifically because there would be no money involved.
If you honestly believe that, you need to read some current copyright laws. Just because money is not involved doesn't make it legal.

FastRIP requires a specific USB dongle be connected to whatever computer you are using the software on.
If you want free software, go and download a demo/trial version of it. Don't come to a legitimate board asking for a free copy of what other people have spent their hard earned money on.

· Registered
298 Posts
A copy is not going to do you any good because you will not get the key from anyone as it poses a threat to them legally. The software will not function with out it. You could use a key generator I suppose. In the end what you are proposing and requesting is the full reason software is so expensive in the first place.
Best bet is to save and buy your very own copy.

· Registered
22 Posts
Hi everyone

It is my first time on a forum but looks like I found a great one.
I now live in Portland, Tn after moving 3 times in the last 2 years from Jupiter, FL.
I have a Brother Garment printer and am having some problems getting it back up and running right.
I am having problems with the ink being old I believe, it seems to clog a lot. Is Brother the only supplier of this Ink?
The yellow Ink seems to be the worst as I seem to have to purge it after 10 shirts or so.
Any help appreciated.

Jim Haire

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.