T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my heat press about 1-2 weeks ago and finally got a chance to try it out for the first time, but unfortunately I could not get the results.

An example of the design I used which I bought from Pro World:
http://www.proworldinc.com/images/A9/86/A9861B-md.jpg
Here are there instructions:
Set temperature at 385° Fahrenheit.
Set pressure at medium.
Pre-press garment for 7 seconds.
Print 9-10 seconds.
Peel immediately while hot, in one continuous, smooth, rapid motion. In most cases, hot peel transfers should be applied to light colored garments only.

1) What does it mean to pre-press the garment for 7 seconds?
2) How do I know how the pressure knob works. I have a heat master, and the pressure can be adjusted with a knob, turning it right or left. But it does not indicate medium, high, etc... pressure.
3) I tried playing around with the time and pressure and it was still not coming out good. Any help appreciated

Thank You

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pre-press garment for 7 seconds.
Print 9-10 seconds - So what does this mean then? I am not sure if they are inkjet, it does't say anything on the back of them.

Also I am using a teflon pad and paper if that makes any difference

·
Registered
3 Posts
on my heatpress i found that to get good results i had to leave shirt in press 30-45 seconds to make clear background disappear, your temp is good

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Pressure settings made easy:

Light pressure - heat platen will lock into place with one or two fingers worth of pressure.

Medium pressure - heat platen will lock into place with one hand pushing it down (elbow grease may be required)

Heavy pressure - heat platen will lock into place with two hands and a lot of elbow grease pushing it down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts