T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to try heat transfering for the first time tmr. I recently purchased an epson c88, a cis, ink, a stahls mighty press 15x15, and everlast dark, and jpss paper from coastal - Coastal was great! Any advise for times, temps, tips, tricks, cold or hot peel, re-press after? advised? Please and thank you! I've already learned a lot from reading, but any help is much appreciated!!!
Shawn

·
Registered
138 Posts
The paper you purchased should have come with instructions for use. Particularly press tempurature and pressing time. If not, look for it on Coastal's website.

It may need some tweaking once you get started, but it's a good way to begin.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Getting ready to try heat transfering for the first time tmr. I recently purchased an epson c88, a cis, ink, a stahls mighty press 15x15, and everlast dark, and jpss paper from coastal - Coastal was great! Any advise for times, temps, tips, tricks, cold or hot peel, re-press after? advised? Please and thank you! I've already learned a lot from reading, but any help is much appreciated!!!
Shawn
Hi Shawn,
I am a newbie and "researchoholic." I bought the press 2 weeks ago thinking I could use my HP laser printer but have since found out not. So anyway, I think today is the day. I was going to buy the R1900 and just use the Durabrite inks but from what I have read here the heat transfer ink is the way to go, and that little printer seems to be reliable. I am going to bite the bullet and buy the ink system today-I would like to keep in touch to see how things are going with you. I am going to go "Coastal." Decisions, decisions,:)

Also I have read here to print something out everyday to keep the heads from clogging. Good luck to you.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Getting ready to try heat transfering for the first time tmr. I recently purchased an epson c88, a cis, ink, a stahls mighty press 15x15, and everlast dark, and jpss paper from coastal - Coastal was great!
Great job, great list of supplies. Did you use the 5% discount that Coastal offers forum members? I hope you found it before your purchase.

Here are some threads for you with advice, tips and tricks:

Hot Peel Heat Pressing:

This one is the heat press (hot peel) process step by step, including the *why you do this*:

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-press-heat-transfers/t39007.html#post229735

Cold Peel Heat Pressing:

The next link tells you how to substitute the hot peel for the cold peel process. YOu must follow the directions carefully. A cold peel done wrong will do you wrong. ;)

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-press-heat-transfers/t56833.html

I personally hot peel while time goes by so I can see how these new cold peel shirts fare in the wash tests going on. :)

Any advise for times, temps, tips, tricks, cold or hot peel, re-press after? advised? Please and thank you! I've already learned a lot from reading, but any help is much appreciated!!!
Shawn
Jetprosofstretch: 375* for 30 seconds.
Everlast (Ironall Dark) 375* for 6 seconds.

Check the prices for JPSS in the future at tshirtsupplies.com and new milford paper. Sign up for the newsletters at all the suppliers so you are notified of the sales, they can be excellent (30% off). Tshirtsupplies.com is offering 5% off their already great price for signing up for the newletter.

Good luck to you, hope the shirts come out great. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Great job, great list of supplies. Did you use the 5% discount that Coastal offers forum members? I hope you found it before your purchase.

Here are some threads for you with advice, tips and tricks:

Hot Peel Heat Pressing:

This one is the heat press (hot peel) process step by step, including the *why you do this*:

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-press-heat-transfers/t39007.html#post229735

Cold Peel Heat Pressing:

The next link tells you how to substitute the hot peel for the cold peel process. YOu must follow the directions carefully. A cold peel done wrong will do you wrong. ;)

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-press-heat-transfers/t56833.html

I personally hot peel while time goes by so I can see how these new cold peel shirts fare in the wash tests going on. :)

Jetprosofstretch: 375* for 30 seconds.
Everlast (Ironall Dark) 375* for 6 seconds.

Check the prices for JPSS in the future at tshirtsupplies.com and new milford paper. Sign up for the newsletters at all the suppliers so you are notified of the sales, they can be excellent (30% off). Tshirtsupplies.com is offering 5% off their already great price for signing up for the newletter.

Good luck to you, hope the shirts come out great. :)
Thanks for this info. from me also. I am pretty upset I didn't know about the discount. My bad-

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Thanks for this info. from me also. I am pretty upset I didn't know about the discount. My bad-

If you bought without using the discount code, I'd say go back and let them know you are a member who didn't see it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. They may give the a retro-discount. I have no idea, but just from dealing with various vendors for what seems all my life, it could happen. They wouldn't have made that money if you gave the code, so they may refund it to you now... especially if you are within 30 days of purchase. Just my thoughts - and they based on nothing to do with experience with Coastal - just experience as a customer a thousand times in life, and and as a seller who has issued credits for worse reasons than that. :) Good luck to you, hope it works out. :)

If you sense any reluctance, maybe ask for a Coastal credit toward paper or another product they carry that you use, so the money stays with them. ?? Could work. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
985 Posts
I think they would not refuse to issue a refund or a credit, after all you are a new customer, and if they treat you well you are coming back for more business.
Good luck.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I know mike reviews the site here and is a active member and this thread will catch his eye. I know he is really busy now, but if you contact them they will most likely fix the issue. .... JB

·
Registered
59 Posts
I know mike reviews the site here and is a active member and this thread will catch his eye. I know he is really busy now, but if you contact them they will most likely fix the issue. .... JB
Just want to tell everyone Coastal gave me the 5% discount, no problem:)

Thanks guys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts