T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
This is my first time screen printing, I got everything done but the problem I'm having is applying Emulsion to the screen, I'm using Speedball Fabrics Squeegee 9"
http://www.artistcraftsman.com/images/W008928.jpg
When I apply it, it doesn't come out perfect on the screen, I'm using 10"x14" frame, Squeegee fits perfectly fine but the Emulsion in some places is darker than the rest, Does that matter? or does it need to be perfect? if so do i need to use a better tool?
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm now using a scoop coater, Problem I'm having is after I apply it evenly and leave it under the light blub for 45 minutes, I'm using a 150 watts light bulb, The image that's on the screen comes out yellow and when I wash it, it doesn't really do anything, only some parts of the image become white rest stay yellow, is this because i'm using to less of the emulsion? or do I need more time under the light?
thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
I would assume your letting your emulsion dry before exposing it.... I would look at your light source. What kind of bulb is it? How long are you exposing your screen for?? What kind of exposure unit are you using?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm now using a scoop coater, Problem I'm having is after I apply it evenly and leave it under the light blub for 45 minutes, I'm using a 150 watts light bulb, The image that's on the screen comes out yellow and when I wash it, it doesn't really do anything, only some parts of the image become white rest stay yellow, is this because i'm using to less of the emulsion? or do I need more time under the light?
thanks
These words are confusing. Do you actually mean to say that you are coating a screen and the immediately, while wet, you are exposing it under a 150 watt light for 45 minutes? - Scotty

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would assume your letting your emulsion dry before exposing it.... I would look at your light source. What kind of bulb is it? How long are you exposing your screen for?? What kind of exposure unit are you using?
I'm letting the emulsion dry for good hour or so, then I place it under a crystal clear 150 watts bulb from general electronics from home depot and its 12-14 inches high from the screen, I let it expose for 45 minutes then the image turns yellow and its very hard to come off,

·
Registered
138 Posts
The screen is over exposed. You need to find the correct exposure time by exposing the screen in steps of time. You must also ensure that your screens are not pre-exposed as in being exposed to UV light while drying or storing. - Scotty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts