T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks in advance to all who provide and support this service. I've heard that it is not the mountain you have to climb, but the pebble in your shoe that is the greatest problem. As it turns out I have several pebbles and I will share them with you one at a time...When printing text on your shirts, What fonts (if any) can you use without getting into legal or copyright trouble and if they are all illegal to use ( I intend to sell these shirts, they are not just for personal use) Does anyone know of any font design programs out there or where to look? Thanks again....

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
A. Do not use the font you posted this message in. People will go blind.

B. You can use any font you own the commerical license to. Either one you have bought on its own, or came with a package that provided commercial use rights. It'll be in the EULA, but the vast majority of fonts that come with Photoshop, Word etc are public domain. There are exceptions.

C. I've not yet found a good free font maker. Sometimes programs come free with magazines which are great , and usually expensive commercial products. I think next month's Computer Arts Magazine has one. But making a font is a vey specific skill, and takes a long time to master.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
monkeylantern said:
A. Do not use the font you posted this message in. People will go blind.

B. You can use any font you own the commerical license to. Either one you have bought on its own, or came with a package that provided commercial use rights. It'll be in the EULA, but the vast majority of fonts that come with Photoshop, Word etc are public domain. There are exceptions.

C. I've not yet found a good free font maker. Sometimes programs come free with magazines which are great , and usually expensive commercial products. I think next month's Computer Arts Magazine has one. But making a font is a vey specific skill, and takes a long time to master.
Thanks so much for the info.....Is this font easier on the eyes? I read the EULA for Microsoft Office 2000 and I can't figure it out so I'll have to find a way to contact them and ask about use of their fonts in Word. Another question, how do you tell if a font or group of fonts are public domain?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts