T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Ive recently started a home business with a Brother PR 650e. Things are going well and ive mainly been doing tshirts/hoodies etc. Tonight ive been asked to do some 100% polyester football tops. Since ive never done this type of fabric before, i thought i would ask here to see if there was anything i needed to know about this fabric. Am i ok using my normal tear away stabiliser? do i need to double it up??

any help you can give will be greatly apprecitate

Lammy

· Registered
373 Posts
HI Matt, I have used both tearaway and cutaway backing with no problem on polyester shirts.

Which tearaway backing are you using? I use the 1980 tearaway and the 1970 cutaway both from GS UK in Nottingham.

The thing you need to watch using tearaway backing in misalignment, If you doing a football crest and the fill stitching isn't meeting the satin border you would need to either use a cutaway or have the design altered to work with the tearaway.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Phil,
Thanks for your reply. To be honest I don't know what tear away I'm using. It's just a huge roll that I bought from a local stockist. It had no label or any information on it.

· Registered
40 Posts
I use 40 gram tearaway and it's fine on 100% poly - use 3 or 4 pieces depending on the quality of backing you have but you should fan the backing out - put your first piece down with a corner pointing to 12.00 oclock and then the next piece at an angle to that with a corner pointing to say 3.00 oclock so you finish up with a star shape. This gives the maximum stability to the backing/garment and you shouldn't have too much problem with the logo gapping. Be sure to get the fabric tight in the hoop too as it will pucker easily if not.

Hope this helps :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.