T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy at work wrote a book, and asked if I could put the cover on a shirt. I say I can, He gives me the novel, and then tells me he's going to have to get 10 bucks from me for it. Sure, i like to support artists, ladies of the evening and the odd purveyor of fine party favor. I flip the guy a pair of sawbucks, and he tells me he wants something removed from the artwork, which I know takes 10 mins to do. I dont want to be taken advantage of by a man who's not a woman, I ask how many Tees, he wants, he says 15, I eventually tell him at least $300 BUCK. He actaully got up in my grill about it, to the point where I was thinking I might have to deposit a Red Wing work shoe into his dink purse.
I broke it down for him: Screens and films : [email protected]$15 set-up and another 1$ for each film trans= $80
The ink is WB, and not cheap, so Im charging him $2.50 / color/ side. Its 4 Color Proccess so 5 inks per shirt $=12.50 x 15= $187. The shirt, depending on what he wants, probably will cost $5, cause that thats the cheapest and lets face it, this guy probably lives at the bus station blowing as much dinkie as he can to pay for shirts and smokes.
So far Im at 342.50 tak on my $50/hr labor, delivery etc. Call it $400.
Good people of the TShirt Forum I ask you: Is this fair?
The jpeg of the image, and my very first attempt at 4 color proscessing. I plan to refine the image quite a bit, is there any advise anyone would like to offer? I'd love to hear it.
Thanks everyone! Happy new year.

Attachments

· Registered
4,710 Posts
you're probably a better writer than him

nice job, fair price (horrible cover art, i like the title though)

i too would have balked at paying for the book, and said you'll give it back when completed

how does it end, protagonist becomes another brick in the wall of misunderstood artists?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.