T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning Everyone,

I currently offer vinyl heat press shirts and want to go into screen printing due to some large orders i will be recieving in the next few weeks. I was looking into the Ryonet Silver Press setup but wanted to get your guys opinion if this is the route to go? I searched the forums and recieved a bit of information but not enough reviews to help. Im thinking of purchases the 4 color press but wanted your insight.

Thanks!

· Registered
1,311 Posts
Silver is a good starting spot. Get the two station minimum. Speeds up production quite a bit. I got the 4/2. And still adore it. The spho kit or something like that has all the basics. And their support and videos make it pretty approachable. Creating good art is he really tricky part.

· Registered
9 Posts
Go big or go home . Buy your self a good ranar at least 4 color 4 stations is a good investment , if you can with micro registration . Don't have to buy an entry level machine , you will wanting to buy a Better one in a couple of months , trust me .

· Registered
1,311 Posts
I am running just fine on a silver 4/2 doing better work then some who over spent. When you need to bootstrap an endeavor it is always better to use what you have and can afford without going into debt to get it. Use it to its fullest and use it till its no longer useful. All my profits are going into my pocket and not paying any one for the privilege of borrowing their money or financing my equipment. I agree, get what you can afford or know you can operate at a profit (and you don't make a profit until all your bills are paid). When I resell my "entry" level gear to another entry level person it will be more cash in my pocket. Or I can trade it back to them for upgrade credit. Though I will likely keep it until it no longer has room for it in the shop. But that's just my experience and its working pretty well.

I very much hope you find the success that will demand you upgrade quickly. Make a solid plan and reinvest in your biz and you will.

My two cents, toss them in a well and make a wish.

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the info hegemone!

I plan to keep everything small working out of a garage. I will get the silver press and a flash dryer and build the exposure unit and the washout tank! Thank u for all your assistance!

· Registered
1,505 Posts
My original plan was to sub out the work but if i sub out the work my profit would be little to none. I want to have my own setup as me and my partner have a full sized garage available to use.

You're crazy!

PM me and lets talk this week, or if you are going to ISS next week lets get lunch and I will show you step by step how you can make more money without owning the print lines than you will by buying the equipment.

· Registered
2,110 Posts
I have the silver 4/2 and is a very nice starter machine, with that being said I wish I would have waited and got a ranar or riley hopkins 6/4 with a conveyor dryer. I have a 16x16 flash and that is my small business bottle neck...I built my own screen drying rack , washout sink and exposure unit.I put out top quality professional prints with my "entry" level equipment. if you can have the money to get a 6/4 press and conveyor dryer ....do it!!!!

Inked

· Registered
359 Posts
I'm running on a Silver 4/1 and a cheap flash dryer. Just finished up a 90 shirt job, about to start a 200 shirt order. I built my own washout, drying box, and exposure unit (2 work lights and a shelf). Just start with the basics and acquire the rest as you go. IMO, it's more important to jump in and start making money than it is to save up and buy a nicer press - let your Silver pay for your upgrade.

· Registered
2,152 Posts
I don't know how many times I've mentioned it, but a 4/4 Hopkins went for three hundred bucks here last year, with a flash--it would cost you 2-3K for what the equivalent equipment goes for new. I guess I should have bought it and listed it on here for a grand. :rolleyes:

· Registered
322 Posts
I have a silver 6/2 station and love it. I'd suggest them as a good starting point, that or search craigslist and hope to find someone with a old rig their trying to get rid of. Couple tips with the silver press... I found registration difficult with the clamps that secure the screen to the press. I found that if I put a little piece of cardboard in between the two metal contact points it 1000 times easier to register. (without the cardboard the screen would move a bit when you'd tighten it...) Also, they use plastic screws to make sure the arm of the press is aligned for each print, I find that i need to retighten it every 10 prints or so... not sure if thats just my press or what... but prior it messed up a couple shirts on me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.