T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a test print onto some paper first and the image is not sharp at all, the straight lines and the curve lives are jagged. This is very disappointing, will I have to strip the screen and try again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What mesh? Does your film look clean and straight? If your film looks fine, but he print doesn't sounds like you need to use a higher mesh.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
think the mesh is 43t, on the film it looks ok lines and curves are fine its just not solid black as it was photocopied onto the film

·
Registered
274 Posts
sounds like maybe your mesh it too low for your image.

don't beat yourself up- it took me a long time to get prints just right. even now with a lot of experience, things don't print out well or like i imagined they would. it happens!

it's frustrating in the beginning (personally, i through many items across the basement and snapped pencils...), but it's your first print- it'll get so much easy as you print more, and learn.

cut yourself some slack! :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
If your photocopying onto the film I would suggest doing touch-up with a small brush and black paint/ink.

Can I ask why you are photocopying instead of printing directly?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zagadka thanks for the kind words, guess i got to keep trying till i get it right, gonna retry

Hey mike i dont have a A3 printer so i got it printed onto A3 paper at a local printshop then got it photocopied onto A3 acetate at uni. long process

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
rema said:
Hey mike i dont have a A3 printer so i got it printed onto A3 paper at a local printshop then got it photocopied onto A3 acetate at uni. long process
Why not find a printshop that can put it directly onto film?

I know someone who does that when they need large (~30"x30") images put onto film.

·
Registered
21 Posts
In addition to your film, your mesh would seem way too low for the keeping a nice clean line. What color of ink are you printing? At a minimum unless you are running some kind of gold fleck through the screen you could go to an 86 or 110 I would think.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Designashirt said:
In addition to your film, your mesh would seem way too low for the keeping a nice clean line. [...] you could go to an 86 or 110 I would think.
You realise 43t is a metric measurement, equivalent to 110 in the US system?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
No worries - it's one of the more confusing aspects of discussing screenprinting internationally :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts