T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today we (my mother, Dad, and I) got my mothers dtg to print its first tshirt. Now this wasnt an easy task to do. I did head cleanings and nozzle checks about 9 times and always has issues with the spaces. Finally i said I'm done wasting time with the nozzle checks, so I loaded a tshirt in the bed and told it it print. And it came out pretty good for no light color pretreatment which I believe we should get cause of the ink bleeding. Anyway the issue I'm having is how do I get the graphic in the center of the shirt I know the shirt is centered in the platen but it prints more on one side. I use Fast Artist with Fast Rip.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Red and black always bleed together, don't know why. Did you center your artwork on your page? I use the print preview in photoshop then send to printer. Looks good.

I imported the artwork as a png into FastArtist and used fastrip to print it. Maybe I shouldnt use fastrip unless I use a white underbase or anything pertaining to white?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks good, but yes I can see the bleeding shadows, gradients and outlines can be a chore

do a wash test to see how well it holds up.
Planning on doing that tomorrow it will be interesting to see what happens. The bleeding shadows arent making me happy but lt doesnt look half bad. I read that brightfast would make a difference with the bleeding but not sure if it will help.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Planning on doing that tomorrow it will be interesting to see what happens. The bleeding shadows arent making me happy but lt doesnt look half bad. I read that brightfast would make a difference with the bleeding but not sure if it will help.
Light pretreat is suppose to help..sometimes double passes work just as well. But, never hurts to try.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you have Kiosk 2 or T-Jet? You posted in the Kiosk 2 part of the forums and most K2 use RIP Pro and T-Jets use Fast Rip?

I am not sure how you do 2 passes in Fast Rip.
Its a referb Kiosk 2 by Equipment Zone and they bundled it with the Fast Artist and Fast Rip I dont know why thought. All we care about is it does its job. And it might have been a pain but we did it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Do you have Kiosk 2 or T-Jet? You posted in the Kiosk 2 part of the forums and most K2 use RIP Pro and T-Jets use Fast Rip?

I am not sure how you do 2 passes in Fast Rip.
on white shirts try setting fastrip for a two pass 360 dpi this is done in the fast rip settings area . when you first hit the printer icon it will take you into another page. this is the fastrip page , before you move your image there is a tiny square in the upper left area this is where you do your settings for print modes. , chose printer tab ,cartoon,360 two pass,then press okay ,resize and move image in box where you want it and hit print.
hope this helps

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
on white shirts try setting fastrip for a two pass 360 dpi this is done in the fast rip settings area . when you first hit the printer icon it will take you into another page. this is the fastrip page , before you move your image there is a tiny square in the upper left area this is where you do your settings for print modes. , chose printer tab ,cartoon,360 two pass,then press okay ,resize and move image in box where you want it and hit print.
hope this helps
Thanks for the information I will have to try this when I print tomorrow my mind is set on design and sleep. Again thank you I may call on you when its white printing time If I cant figure it out.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Its a referb Kiosk 2 by Equipment Zone and they bundled it with the Fast Artist and Fast Rip I dont know why thought. All we care about is it does its job. And it might have been a pain but we did it.

For those just starting out - Alex, our software expert, put together a helpful "idiots guide" to using FastArtist / FastRIP software for printing on white and light color shirts:

http://www.equipmentzone.com/FastArtistLightShirts/t-jet.pdf

Harry

_

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For those just starting out - Alex, our software expert, put together a helpful "idiots guide" to using FastArtist / FastRIP software for printing on white and light color shirts:

Harry

_
Harry thanks for posting the link, we saw that in the folder you sent. It was interesting getting it together but the videos you sent were very informational. Luckily I have time to help my mom on her adventure of being in the T-shirt business.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.