T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, this is my first post. im currently a graphic designer, but looking to start a small screen printing business with a friend. he currently works at an established printshop and is learning the ins and outs of the business, we are also in the process of developing a clothing line for his boss, they want like a hollister, urban outfitters look. basically my friend and i want to start a business but we are pretty much clueless. We want to start small and grow. What are the basics to start up? obviusoly a press etc, but whats a decent one to start that doesnt take up a lot of room. we're looking to start it out of a garage and hopefully one day move into a retail location.
any info anyone could provide will be highly appreciated. im so sick of the corporate world and im only 24. but the dream of doing my own thing will hopefully become a reality someday. thanks

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Hi Mike, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

I think you'll get some good information in your other post about starting out. One book you might want to check out is "How to print t-shirts for fun and profit" by Scott Fressner.

Another good resource for research on screen printing is www.screenprinters.net (run by the guy that wrote the book :))

·
Registered
303 Posts
I wouldnt worry about being only 24, just think you're doing what makes you happy rather then working in a job that you wouldnt like. I'm not exactly fond of the corporate world either and starting my own business seems like a way to have more freedom although with harder work and effort. Although, I know its my hard work work and effort that will make a difference. Good luck with your venture,

Nick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts