T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

This is a first for me. A customer wants up to 3000 shirts, one colour, printed on a white shirt and they're suppling the shirts.

I'm going to call around here to get a comparison, but I'm just curious what you printers would charge for this?

They wanted quotes for 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000 shirts.

thanks for the help!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a competitor price shopping you. Unless you know the person I would blow them off.
no, I actually know the guy having them done. He's throwing a New Years eve fund raiser. Although he may have delusions of grandeur, this is happening and shirts will be printed.

I hope the shops I call don't blow me off... :p I just need a starting point to go from.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Work from the relationship would be my advice. I do local screenprinting orders which I outsource and then for larger quantities I go through a promo products company just to be competitive in the market place. If you have a relationship with the person, often you can get them to tell you what their budget is, that way u don't leave money on the table. Realistically on a number this big, you are making next to nothing for profit but it is the volume that counts! Shop online is what I do to see what they could buy it for, then get with your sources to see what your best price is, somewhere in there is your magic number.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I would outsource this job and make a little on it. I would also think about approaching the guy about letting you advertise on the shirts. i would think this could be done and maybe you could give him a small discount. It would not hurt to have your name on 3000 walking bill boards. JMHO. .... JB

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone for the input.

A few other things to consider, I'll be printing this manually and he did offer to put my logo on the back along with other local businesses. Since I would get advertising out of this and it's for charity I might go on the low end to make sure I get the job. Although, 3000 shirts manually would take some time...

·
Registered
861 Posts
thanks everyone for the input.

A few other things to consider, I'll be printing this manually and he did offer to put my logo on the back along with other local businesses. Since I would get advertising out of this and it's for charity I might go on the low end to make sure I get the job. Although, 3000 shirts manually would take some time...
keep in mind that this is actually 6000 prints... this will tie your press up for weeks, you would need to average 430 prints a day to complete this job in 14 days, and if you have other orders to consider, this job may be best contracted out.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Also watch out for the " we want 3000 shirts made" and then try to place an order 1000 at the price of 3000. When people give the range of we want "X" number of shirts made make sure you give them the price and they know it is for "x" not "y"

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Also watch out for the " we want 3000 shirts made" and then try to place an order 1000 at the price of 3000. When people give the range of we want "X" number of shirts made make sure you give them the price and they know it is for "x" not "y"
Or try to convince they'll order 3,000: 500 at a time but want the 3000 price. Uh, no. Over the years I've just had too many problems with people who ask for these ridiculous quotes ... gimme a price on 250, 1500, 8,000 :rolleyes:; yeah, whatever. Make up your mind and when you're serious, call me back. Sometimes its because they don't have a budget yet and are wasting your time, sometimes they think they can fool you like the examples given, some of them are competitors, other times they have the budget but don't want to divulge it so they ask for lots of quotes so they can pick the one closest. All these people turn out to be PITAs and I don't mess with them unless I'm really slow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts