T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, this is my first post but I've been lurking for a few weeks now. I've finally got my site up and ready to go, please check it out at
http://1bfits.com or http://firstbasefittings.com.

The theme of the shirts will be sports humor and topical sports issues. I'm starting off with only a few shirts and I'll be using Cafepress to fufill my orders for the time being. I figure once I get a good idea of what shirts sell well (hopefully some will!) I'll be able to order in bulk to increase my profit.

All in all I only spent about $30 to get the site set up for the year, which includes the two domain names. I'm pretty pleased; even if this totally fails I wont have too many sunk costs.

Anyway, tell me what you think, if anything looks like it needs to be changed, etc.

Oh, and thanks to everyone for their informative posts that have helped get me going!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The website is well done, and clean. Much nicer than most cafepress sites.

To me, the red color you chose looks washed ou though. I would go with a more true color red. IOn firefox, there is a large white gap above grand opening sale, and on all the product pages above the product that looks weird. You will need to clean up your code to fix that. It is also hard to read what the designs say from the main page. I would make them bigger.

I have no idea if your shirts will sell or not. I have no experience with the sports t-shirts area of the business. Best of luck to you though. Im sure you will re-coop your small investment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UNNNNbelievable.

That's a pretty good idea, I think I may do that in the next couple days, in addition to downloading Firefox and fixing the browser issues. Thanks for the input so far everybody!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I'd guess something that was (or would be) said on a sports show called 'Rome is burning' or something like that (the host's last name being Rome, I believe)... never seen it personally, but that'd my guess.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Twinge said:
I'd guess something that was (or would be) said on a sports show called 'Rome is burning' or something like that (the host's last name being Rome, I believe)... never seen it personally, but that'd my guess.
yea man. Jim Rome and his army of clones. I used to listen to his radio show, back in high school, when he was on the Mighty Six Ninety in San Diego. He's come a long way. :)

I would try to get a hold of his people and see if they would endorse it even, for a cut. Now that would be huge... Speaking of huge, he used to give out shirts for the "Huge call of the day" so he might be into it. Never hurts to ask.

That kind of pub would be epic. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've added a new shirt, with proceeds going to the American Red Cross. Every shirt sold will net me $2, which I will then forward as a donation. Unfortunately, Cafepress is donating nothing out of their profits, but I figure this is better than nothing.

If anyone else wants to put the shirt on their site (for donations of course), just shoot me an email and I can send you the raster image; or you could just link to this:
http://1bfits.com/items/2901001.shtml

Spread the word.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts