T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably would not stand a chance, but still would like to see it!

I think it would be cool to have a panel of 3-5 people where we could send samples based on categories. For example, White on Black or Color Process...no DESIGN factor only quality of print. Maybe break it down to Auto and Manual categories as well.

Then the select judges could rate each print and declare a winner!

I think I have a lock on the White on Black print, from MO, town of < 1,000 category :)

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Interesting idea.

What factors go into judging the "quality" of a print?

Would other printing types be involved too (DTG, Dye Sub, Vinyl, etc?)

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting idea.

That is what I am thinking have multiple categories to cover all print methods. Maybe something that could start small and expand categories and different print methods.

I was thinking judge based on things like: feel, opacity, amount of fibers/smoothness of the print, wash fastness. Would not have to be anything to complected. Maybe have a couple judges that are experts as well as some that have no clue.... just simple what they like best not knowing the "background".

I just know I don't have a chance in design and that is all the contest I see. This would be at least something I would have an interest in.

The other positive is it would be very inexpensive to sent a few samples to the judging site...not as cheap as submitting artwork electronic, but still feasible.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Interesting idea.

I would think things like: Hand/Feel, Registration, Color Vibrancy, Level of detail etc,.

To be honest I think it would be a great contest if we borrow and tweak "Impressions Awards 2010" style of judging and categories.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There probably should be a general design that should be printed. That way all prints look the same with the exception of the quality/print style.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts