T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first 4 color process job is for Band shirts a photo on black shirts. I have watched the Ryonet you tube video over and over. My concern is that the channels are too saturated when I separate the colors. I am planning on using 305 mesh, but don't want to burn 5 screens to find out I have to start over.
Any advise or help is greatly appreciated. My daughter is the blonde in the band so Momma has got to come through on this one!
I have attached the file so you can see what I am dealing with.
Thanks
Bridget

Attachments

· Registered
1,821 Posts
My first 4 color process job is for Band shirts a photo on black shirts. I have watched the Ryonet you tube video over and over. My concern is that the channels are too saturated when I separate the colors. I am planning on using 305 mesh, but don't want to burn 5 screens to find out I have to start over.
Any advise or help is greatly appreciated. My daughter is the blonde in the band so Momma has got to come through on this one!
I have attached the file so you can see what I am dealing with.
Thanks
Bridget
Why CMYK for this image? You would get more control and an easier print with...

Orange/Flesh
Blue
Green
Black

In this case the only colors you are mixing/blending are the actual colors in the image with black and white. Not blending to the get the blue, orange and green.

Do you have a better quality image? The attached image pretty well JPG destroyed.

· Registered
225 Posts
Woa.. I dunno, I think risking spot colour goes back to the burning screen issue...

If burning screens is really stopping you from experimenting, than you need to upgrade that process and make it less of a task... I know, no-one wants to set up for a four colour job, pull one and start again, but hey sometimes **it happens. Actually more often than not.

If I were you, I would convert this to black and white and do it as a one colour. I think it would look great. And it would be one screen...

At least have that option if you find yourself 12 screens in and it's still not working out...

And Tom has a valid point, it would work great with Orange, blue, green and WHITE. And a ton of halftoning...

Maybe Sepia...;)

· Registered
753 Posts
If you are printing manually, then I would suggest you use two screens, especially if you're printing this design w/ white ink on black shirts. Instead of the one screen you are planning to use, make one screen for the solid white areas and one for the halftones. If you are not well versed in printing halftones, this will give you more control.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.