T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

new here...

i have 1390 DIY DTG printer and been using firebird CMYK and dupont white... worked great..

then i heard about the quality of firebird's white ink can print a very solid white and near whiteplastisol ink-like.

asked the supplier in my country, and he said that the firebird white ink can only be used on epson r2000 based DTG (4white+cmyk)

is it true?
or, has anyone try firebird white ink on 1390 epson head printer?

thanks alot

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey @djambret , Our White Inks are compatible with that printhead. We have customers who have been using white inks with theirs and are getting great results!
that's a good news!
i think i might give it a try then.

just need to ask couple thing more to make sure.
how about the clog-problem and inkstarvation?
heard the ink is more 'gummy' than other brand.

any special condition requirement? like room temperature, humidity, or printing once in x hour? to keep it clogfree and able to get a consistent white result.

ps : been using dupont white ink, not printing white in 24 hours, keep the head moist by drop the cleaning solution on capping station, and no clogging problem.

thanks very mucho

·
Registered
32 Posts
You can keep your room temperature and humidity the same as your Dupont inks (Optimal At 40-60% humidity). You can also keep the same maintenance schedule you've had with your Dupont inks.
It's fine to go 24hours without printing, but we do recommend agitating your inks at least once a day.

I'm more than happy to help if you have any other questions.
- John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey @djambret , Our White Inks are compatible with that printhead. We have customers who have been using white inks with theirs and are getting great results!
hello john.

i was also told the same answer from the from the distributor, that your white inks is drying fast, therefore it is designed to high speed printer such as the one using DX5 head.

lets say i print a full size of A3 paper 29x42cm, white underbase is full BLOCK. since the 1390 print time is very slow, PLUS here in our country, many of the 1390 users is using the 2880x1440 white underbase. so that will take approximately 9-15 minutes to print only WUB(the A3 size).

my question is:
-since the white ink is drying so fast, by the time we finished the 9-15mins printing time, will it become a problem when we do CMYK pass?
will the white dries up completely?

coz, from my understanding, if the WUB is fully dried, and we do CMYK pass, the cmyk will have trouble blending with the DRIED white.

is this true?

im currently using dupont white+FB CMYK in my 1390, and fbx 100 treatment. and since i used almost FB stuff, why not use the white also?

but i need to know about this stuff first.

thank you, and waiting for the answer!

·
Registered
6 Posts
hello djambret, u must be in indonesia also right?

haha, have u already using the white FB on your printer?

plz tell me the results, and how does your printer health now since using it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hello djambret, u must be in indonesia also right?

haha, have u already using the white FB on your printer?

plz tell me the results, and how does your printer health now since using it?
Yeah dude..
Decided to give it a try,

Since hobbyprint is the only firebird ink supplier in indonesia, and they are not selling the white firebird ink anymore..

so guess have to stick with white dupont then..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have a Printer with an Epson PM G4500 ( 1390/1400) printhead. I use china ink but quality white ink is not good, not enough white. I want to buy Firebird white ink, is it good for my DTG printer? Thank you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts