T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I got my first batch of tees printed recently and although I was very happy with the results I am just wondering if the ink is meant to feel a bit rough to the touch.

I was comparing the result with a Snorg Tee and the snorg tee just felt a lot smoother and I'm pretty sure all their tees are screen printed too.

I haven't washed this tee yet so does it usually 'smooth' out over time?

Also do people who sell screen printed tees wash them before shipping to the customer?

·
Administrator
14,640 Posts
White ink on black shirts will feel differently because of the multi layers on ink that must be applied to cover. Was the snorg tee light ink on dark material too?

As a rule, tees are not washed before shipment to the customer. Shirts advertised as pre-washed or pre-shrunk are done at the factory prior to the fabric being cut and sewn.

·
Administrator
14,640 Posts
Well, its on a light shirt, so it probably does not have the extra layer your black shirts have to have.

It also could be printed with waterbased ink. They have less of a feel than plastisol.

Finally, there are additives you can put in plastisol (chino for example) that will reduce its hand (feel). www.designbyhumans.com uses this technique a lot.

Your black shirts look awesome, btw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts