T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already purchased my sublimation printer and now looking for the right heat press. As did my research it looks like the best is the swing away and also they say no smaller than a 15 x 15. I was wondering if I could get some feedback on this and also on a good brand that is not expensive. I plan on sublimating on T-shirts, masks, mugs, cups, hats, and pens. I have been looking at Walmart.com because they do offer a four-year warranty. I would also like input on whether I should purchase separate presses for hats and mugs or if the all-in-one heat presses are sufficient. I look forward to your responces. thanks.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
unless you get a geo knight, avoid the all-in-one presses

post the model you are considering, i can't recall anyone posting a wallyworld heatpress before

·
Registered
42 Posts
A heat press will be the heart of your business. I'd suggest you buy the best you can afford. This isn't an area you want to cut corners on. Over the years I've replaced most/all of my equipment apart from my Hotronix press.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
unless you get a geo knight, avoid the all-in-one presses

post the model you are considering, I can't recall anyone posting a Wallyworld heat press before
The heat press I was looking at is called Zimtown it is a five-star heat press with 50 reviews which I think is great. however, a person that is wanting to start their own business may not have the funds to purchase an expensive heat press so I was thinking this would be a good opportunity for me to start. I really have nothing to lose because they do offer a four-year warranty so if anything goes bad within that four years they will replace or give me my money back and I can purchase something else. I did look at the Geo Knights heat-press, but I think that is too much for my current budget. Do you have any other recommendations as far as an inexpensive heat press? As I get going in making money then I could possibly purchase a Geo nights heat press but at this time I really cannot afford it. I do however look forward to your reply.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
The Circuit Easy press is only press I see on Wally world, and it's made for hobbyist not what you looking for. Heat Press is one of the most important pieces of equipment you will have in your business, get the best one you can possible afford

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A heat press will be the heart of your business. I'd suggest you buy the best you can afford. This isn't an area you want to cut corners on. Over the years I've replaced most/all of my equipment apart from my Hotronix press.
I can see where the heat press is the heart of a business. And wish I had more money to spend on a heat press but at this time I am looking for something inexpensive for now. Would you recommend a person to purchase individual press is as far as a hat, and mug press? Also, I was wondering if you have any recommendations as far as a pen press? I was thinking that this is probably something new because I have not seen much information on pin presses until recently. I do understand this is a T-shirt forum but just curious if anyone has any suggestion or knows anything about the pen presses?

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
The Max from Hotronix is a decent machine for the price point.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Circuit Easy press is only press I see on Wally world, and it's made for hobbyist not what you looking for. Heat Press is one of the most important pieces of equipment you will have in your business, get the best one you can possible afford
The heat presses that Walmart has is only available on walmart.com and is by other vendors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you prefer the swing away or the clamshell heat press?

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
a good brand that is not expensive
Choose one. Unfortunately good presses are expensive for reasons. Those reasons include quality and durability.

Quality would be factors like how even is the temperature across the platen and how flat is the platen. Both are critical when doing sublimation.

Durability most often comes down to how long before the control electronics fail.

I have a cheapish Chinese press. The controller failed after a year of very light use, as I was just getting started. I rigged up a "manual override" and eventually also an old-style thermostatic controller (no computer). I use this to cure screen printed garments, and for that it works okay. This winter I've been experimenting with garment sublimation, and for that this press really struggles, as sublimation is done at higher temperature, and this press has a hard time getting there, not to mentioning taking way too long to recover after a pressing. If I decide to move forward doing sublimation garments, I will be buying a Geo Knight.

I already have a Geo Knight DK3 mug press.

All that said, we start where we start. If you need to start with the Wal*Mart press, then that's what you need to do. You may get a few months into this and decide that sublimation is not for you. Or six months from now you may be really busy, as well as tired of the shortcomings of your WM press, and ready to spend the $$$$ on a USA made Geo Knight, Hix, or Hotronix.

Most all brands, good and bad, make both clamshells and swingaways. As far as a recommendation for a cheap press ... I can only recommend that you look at it as an exploratory temporary press. And don't leave it plugged in when not in use.

·
Registered
9,326 Posts
Hotronix 16x20 Fusion

·
Registered
42 Posts
Do you prefer the swing away or the clamshell heat press?
I've only ever used clamshell presses so far. I'm looking at buying another soon and am debating with myself what would be better for my setup. Although I like the idea of a swing away press and love the look and design of the Hotronix Fusion I can't help thinking that an auto open clamshell would be faster and easier. I mainly DTG but do the odd vinyl or sublimation job now and then.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice find but that only 15" x 15". I need a 16" x 20". Also I think it would take longer to swing the platen away or pull out the drawer (on the Fusion) than simply closing a clam shell. I'll probaly go and see one in the flesh before deciding.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
The heat press I was looking at is called Zimtown it is a five-star heat press with 50 reviews which I think is great. however, a person that is wanting to start their own business may not have the funds to purchase an expensive heat press so I was thinking this would be a good opportunity for me to start. I really have nothing to lose because they do offer a four-year warranty so if anything goes bad within that four years they will replace or give me my money back and I can purchase something else. I did look at the Geo Knights heat-press, but I think that is too much for my current budget. Do you have any other recommendations as far as an inexpensive heat press? As I get going in making money then I could possibly purchase a Geo nights heat press but at this time I really cannot afford it. I do however look forward to your reply.
as NoXid said, that machine is a lotto bet

check with proworld for a 15x15 clamshell at $389
proworlded is a member of this forum and can answer any questions you have

you can also check for used and post what you find here for whether it is a good buy or not
i picked up my hix swingman15 for $200, it was already 15+ years old and now it is 20+ and still runs like a champ

·
Registered
944 Posts
Nice find but that only 15" x 15". I need a 16" x 20". Also I think it would take longer to swing the platen away or pull out the drawer (on the Fusion) than simply closing a clam shell. I'll probaly go and see one in the flesh before deciding.
I was actually replying to the OP. But you can find a more affordable solution that (I think) will meet your criteria at ProWorld or Heat Press Nation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have already purchased my sublimation printer and now looking for the right heat press. As did my research it looks like the best is the swing away and also they say no smaller than a 15 x 15. I was wondering if I could get some feedback on this and also on a good brand that is not expensive. I plan on sublimating on T-shirts, masks, mugs, cups, hats, and pens. I have been looking at Walmart.com because they do offer a four-year warranty. I would also like input on whether I should purchase separate presses for hats and mugs or if the all-in-one heat presses are sufficient. I look forward to your responces. thanks.
I think that the all-in-one is more than enough. On the other hand, I think that Walmart is probably the best place to go!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts