T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i am new to printing my own t-shirts. i have purchased duracap 38 capillary film from Screen Printing Supplies, Screen Printing Equipment & Inks. I am trying to find out what to look for to determine if i am over or under exposing my film. I have downloaded the product information from site since it came with no instructions and all it says is to perform test exposers to determine correct exposure time. Well since i have never screen printed i have no clue what im looking for to determine if the time is correct. if anybody is familiar with capillary film please let me know what i need to look for.

· Registered
82 Posts
Every exposure situation will be slightly different, so you will need to do some experimenting. But, here's a starting point for you depending on the method you're using for exposing your screens.

• Sunlight exposure – 30 seconds
• 5000 watt metal halide – 1 minute
• 1000 watt mercury vapor – 4 minutes
• 1000 watt quartz halogen – 5 minutes
• Unfiltered blacklights or grow lights – 5 minutes

When you remove the film positive, you should see a color variation between the exposed emulsion and the unexposed (behind the image). The emulsion should wash out easily with regular water pressure. If you have difficulty getting the image to wash out, you may be overexposing.

Hope this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.