T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is my first post. I am co-owner of a clothing company that just printed our first batch of shirts. We will be retailing online very soon but we are also interested in wholesaling to brick and mortar shops that sell indie brands like ourselves. Does anyone have an tips for finding/contacting such places or know of any good ones in the Orange County area?
I'm assuming tradeshows are probably a good start, I have tried internet searches but haven't really had much success.
I apologize in advance if this question has been asked millions of times (please don't hate me). Thanks for all of your help.

Cheers,
Tim

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
TimTheSloth said:
I apologize in advance if this question has been asked millions of times (please don't hate me).
It hasn't been asked a million times, and hopefully someone will have a good answer for you (I don't, sorry).

One thing to try is to just go to the relevant shopping district in your area and look for stores that might sell your brand. I don't know what it's like where you are, but here you could basically pick the "in" street in the suburb your clothes are most suited to, and walk down it looking for suitable retail partners.

There are some good tips on the forums (a search for things like "retailers" will hopefully turn some of them up) on how to deal with retailers (i.e. terms, how to present your product, etc.) that could come in handy once you have some potential business allies in mind.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
I'm assuming tradeshows are probably a good start, I have tried internet searches but haven't really had much success.
Yes, tradeshows would be a great start for getting into retail shops. Many tradeshows cater to the smaller indie brands as well.

Check this thread for more information:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=1245

:welcome:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts